Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Republicans to gain control... What do "YOU" think??????

K3-River-Rat
    Personally I'm not all that much into the "political scene" but with this recent election that will put the Republicans more in control for the 1st time in 50 years it has caught my attention in a big way None of us know what changes may take place with the Republican party soon to be more in control for the 1st time in a very long time! For "many" of us this is the "first" time in "our" lives that this has happened and I thought it would be "interesting" to get other peoples opinions as to what "they" think might happen with this being the "1st" time in many of our lives that the Republicans will be in charge of what direction the future of this country is going....Think about that for a minute, this has not happened since some time in the early 1950s What do "you" think we "might" be in for as far as "changes" that just might change the way that we have been living our lives to "this" point & time!! I believe it is going to be pretty "interesting" to come back to this topic & read what is on a lot of peoples minds "if" they will take this topic "SERIOUSLY" So what do "YOU" think??????
    [ November 07, 2002, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: K3-River-Rat ]

THOR
    I dont know what to think. I am still really unhappy about Davis being re-elected here in Cali. He scares me. I boat in the summer, off-road in the winter and like to have tricked out rigs. He hates all that cool shit.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I'm with Thor. I'm more concerned about Davis in California.

JetBoatRich
    THOR:
    I dont know what to think. I am still really unhappy about Davis being re-elected here in Cali. He scares me. I boat in the summer, off-road in the winter and like to have tricked out rigs. He hates all that cool shit.F$$kin Davis, I am not happy with him at all. Simon had a chance, but would we have gotten with that? Gov. Race sucked this time around.

comin' unscrewed
    I think BOTH parties are lying through their teeth most of the time, so what difference does it make who has the majority?

K3-River-Rat
    comin' unscrewed:
    I think BOTH parties are lying through their teeth most of the time, so what difference does it make who has the majority?This statement right here is the very reason that I'm not much into politics wink I sometimes actually wonder if they don't already know in advance "who" is going to be "where" before any votes have even been counted I was told a little something several years back that may shine a bit of light on this issue that I might be willing to share with you people from these boards all in due time... First lets see how many people will toss there .02 up here & get a little more input on the situation wink

Coming from the midwest tax-hell known as Wisconsin, I couldn't be happier.
    I expect that after the new Congress takes over in the first part of the year Bush's tax cuts will become permanant, we'll get the homeland security bill passed, new judges, hopefully get rid of the the death-tax and raise the limits on losses that can be written off just for starters.
    I think I'll order a new boat to celebrate!

rivercrazy
    THOR:
    I dont know what to think. I am still really unhappy about Davis being re-elected here in Cali. He scares me. I boat in the summer, off-road in the winter and like to have tricked out rigs. He hates all that cool shit.Couldn't agree more. That guy is a lying sack of *&@! And a theif, etc....

HM
    comin' unscrewed:
    I think BOTH parties are lying through their teeth most of the time, so what difference does it make who has the majority?I agree, except that republicans want less government in general. I am down with that.
    I too am upset about Joe Graham Davis (aka Gray Davis). Californian's had to choose between a major sleeze bag and a dufus. I think the liberals were more motivated to keep someone to help their cause. The conservatives just had a hard time getting out and voting for such a major idiot as Simon. I voted for Simon - hoping that he would just lockup our liberal government in California. California is going to tax the **** out of its residents over the next couple years. I don't understand why California is so liberal when we are the capital of capitalism? Have you guys heard about the SUV tax Gray-out Davis tried to pass? $4,000 tax on all SUV's and minivans AND a $0.50/gallon tax increase on gas AND a $0.05/mile tax.
    How about the Soda pop tax to help educate fat people not to eat? Luckily, with the help of a local radio station, this stupid tax died. The g-ddamn liberals in California thought we all should pay $0.02/can on all soda pop to help pay for teaching fat people not to eat. They had a "I know what is best for you and I think you can afford 2 cents a can."
    Also, did you know it just became a law in California that children in kindergarten in public schools must now be taught about alternative life styles - aka homosexuality. "O.k. kids, time to put away the finger paints because now we are going to attempt to make you totally desensatized to a complete lack of values, morals, and responibilities."
    Ask me how I really feel!

miller19j
    Well I have been accused of being slightly to the Right of Attila The Hun politically. So needless to say I am very happy that the “Right” people now have control.
    As far a California goes once again we have elected a complete idiot as our Governor! But we all knew it would happen. I am always amazed by politics in California this state needs some real help! But having an idiot represent a state of people that voted him in (AKA Idiots) is kind of fitting.
    wink

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast