I often just surf the web as many of you do looking at what's out there, cool boats, etc. When I look at the prices, man. I can't get over it.
I have basically a 6 year old 32' boat now. To jump to a newer (1-2 years old) 38' boat, holy crap. Now, I'd be looking at a substantial increase in a payment to get a boat as such, $400-$700 a month MORE I suppose, depending on what it is. I just can't see how it's worth it.
The thing that bothers me is the price increases from say a 32-38 foot boat with the SAME POWER and DRIVES. That doesn't cost more to do in a 30 than 38 twin. I can see going from singles to twins, but from twins and just adding length and the price increases just don't make sense. The boat manufacturers and dealers are making lots more profit on those boats. There are more materials, but probably labor isn't all that much of an increase. Cockpit bolsters, etc are essentially the same, etc.
Anyone else have a similar notation? I guess I can't see making that kind of commitment to the hobby. I mean, I'm not even sure with a limitless budget I'd be able to bring myself to splurge.
Mark