Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killer recipes?

beached1
    Ok, so I'm bored. Have you ever noticed that everyone has a killer way to make something? Like MissHBjets epic 7 layer dip for example. I've had 7 layer dips before. Store bought, homemade, etc. But MissHB's kicks ass! So, what's your hot ticket? What's the secret behind it?
    I'll start with a few I know:
    The best marinade for fish is 7 Seas Viva Italian salad dressing. Throw in some Garlic salt, Trader Joes Sea food grill and broil, salt and pepper and anything else in the kitchen that looks good. Marinade all day, then Bar-B que. A very low fire or coals to cook with. Turn them often to keep them from drying out. Poor the marinade over it every time you flip them. This works well with Halibut, Swordfish and my favorite Ahi. It's good by itself, but I like them in a taco usually. Chop up some green Onions, cilantro and cabbage and mix it together. Fish in a steemed corn tort with the cabbage/onion/ciltantro mix. Squeeze a lime on it and some good salsa, pop a corona and get down on it.
    The secret to good breakfast potatoes. Fry the bacon first, then use the grease for the taters. Throw in some salt, pepper, Laurys and whatever else you like in them.
    Add some brown sugar and mustard if you are cooking canned baked beans. Makes em better.
    [ November 25, 2002, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: beached1 ]

rivercrazy
    A solid Margarita Recipe (for a rocks marg).
    3 shots good quality marg mix
    1.5 shots of Cazadores Tequilla (Key Ingredient)
    .5 shots of triple sec
    1/4 of fresh lime
    1 shot water.
    ENJOY!!!!!!!

beached1 thats how i cook all my fish italian dressing is the way to go.definition of bored im getting ready to go shopping with missb to costco.frigging wind!what about tri tip i know we have a few tri tip chefs on board.myself i use as my marinade of soy,touch of ketchup,a1,kikoman teriyaki glaze(65 percent is this)bbq sauce,fresh garlic,onion,cut thick slices of oranges in marinade,pepper, a little garlic salt,mix together and marinate.as i bbq i keep the oranges soaked in marinade on top of the meat for moisture and it easy way to keep putting on the marinade.i just keep dipping them in the marinade and setting them back on the meat the whole way through.not to sound gay but you guys will be telling me i have the best meat in town!j/k

rivercrazy
    Another good tri tip mariade is:
    Olive Oil
    Lime
    Red wine
    Salt & pepper
    Lea & Perins (Worchester Sauce)
    Hint of tabasco

Kurtis500
    I'll keep mine simple. When heating up canned refried beans put some cream cheese in it. Does WONDERS! I dont even like cream cheese, but it works.

disco_charger
    Tri Tip Marinade: Cheese Fantastico Italian Dressing. Put the meat and the marinade in a freezer bag in the fridge 24 hours before you BBQ. Works Great!
    Disco

rivercrazy
    The simplest recipe I know and the best drink
    1/3rd Grey Goose Vodka
    2/3'rd Tonic (Schweppes is pretty good. don't use Canada Dry - its harsh)
    1/3 of a lime.
    KILLER!!!!!!
    Or if your like Havasu Hangin - its more like 90% Vodka with a splash of mixer. Then it don't matter what kind of tonic you use..... LMAO!
    [ November 25, 2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

78Eliminator
    rivercrazy:
    The simplest recipe I know and the best drink
    1/3rd Grey Goose Vodka
    2/3'rd Tonic (Schweppes is pretty good. don't use Canada Dry - its harsh)
    1/3 of a lime.
    You're a real genius. So for a total of 4/3? Or were you talking about 2/3 of a cup? wink
    I like bombay sapphire gin and tonic.
    [ November 25, 2002, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Jrocket
    Avon...Avon...get your Avon here.Can I interest anyone in this lovely five piece tupperware set,only 19.99 and wait for a limited time I'll throw in the matching ovenwares.....LMAO Sorry I just had to..

78Eliminator
    RiverDave:
    I got a killer recipe for the snacky snacks, but to listen to it most people shutter.. (It actually is good)
    I got this recipe off of a ritz cracker box back in the 80's so don't think I made it up, but after munching one I've been eating them for years.
    Ritz Cracker.
    Little spread of peanut butter on top.
    A "dollup" of Miracle Whip on top of that and a pickle of your choice on top of that.
    RDSound like AHA approved food. Nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast