Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RD / drinking and boating

CA Stu
    Does RD have the right idea about drinking and boating?

Jungle Boy
    That's good poll.

JetBoatRich
    RD just speaks his mind
    operating any type of vehicle wasted is stupid Not so for much for the driver, but what about the other people in the vehicle ot the ones in danger around you eek!
    having a beer and relaxing on the water, should not be as a big of a deal as many make it out to be (castaic)

So what's the purpose of this poll? I thought RD left all the forums a week ago to work.

sorry dog
    operating any type of vehicle wasted is stupid I thought that's what go kart tracks are for...

Boozer
    To drink or to boat? That is the question. I say you should all invest in a MONKEY!!

[ July 11, 2003, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Boozer ]

HCS
    It's ok to drink while boating. Who's RD?

HavasuDreamin'
    Looks like fat chicks may be in his future. eek!

MagicMtnDan
    Forget about drinking while boating. We should be finding a way to boat while drinking.

CA Stu
    RiverDave:
    I would've liked to have seen question to have the limit raised back to .10 from .08.. .15 is probably a little on the excessive side..
    Just so ya know Stu, I don't really "condone" drunk boating. I just don't see anything wrong with having a FEW beers while your boating.
    To be perfectly honest though, yes I've seen a few turn into drunk.. but I guess the people I know are smart enough to know when there plowed so they either float it or idle it home..
    It's the dumbasses that think that night time = flat water = speed runs that are killing people. Just so happens there drunk as well.
    What's interesting is I keep hearing "Every person involved in an accident was drinking." What you don't hear is "So was everyone else on the water that day so what difference does it make?"
    RD RD, there is no doubt in my mind that you are one of the people that don't go berzerk after a few beers. I am too. Trouble is, not everyone else is.
    We've all heard of "liquid courage", right?Judgment is the first thing to go after a couple of beers. I mean, why else would I have posted such a stupid poll ?

Thanks for being a sport, by the way.
    Basically, the law means to me "Don't operate your vehicle if you're too drunk to do so in a safe fashion."
    And as Dear old Dad told me , "Laws are meant for the guidance of wise men and the strict obedience of fools."
    Cheers
    CA Stu
    PS when I got a DUI in '86, I was .13 and wasn't driving like an asshole, didn't feel drunk at all... fat lot of good that did me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast