Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ? for those with bigger boats.

DEEZ NUTTS
    Those of you with 27-29' vees. How tall is your set up while on the trailer? I am meeting with an architect later this week about new house plans. I need to know if I can get away with an 8' high garage door or not. I will be stepping up to the next boat while living in this house. Thank you.

jlnorthrup122
    As an expeirienced draftsman (Gave that shit up) You will most definatly get away with an 8' door probply even get away with a 7' door. A couple of my buddies built those tall ass chevs with the 44"s on em and they get by with an 8' door with clearance to spare so 8' will definatly work.

if you are steppin' up to an ocean liner at the river,... why dont you step-up and install a 12' roll-up. i imagine the coin diff. would be min.
    i'll never have to worry about that! my set-up is about 5' on thet railer. good luck

DEEZ NUTTS
    Toddnjuzz, I catch what you are saying, but 95% of my boating is on Powell and we camp out of it. I see the river maybe 1 time over the summer. I have to maintain a neighborhood friendly look to the house so the rollup is out.

you'd be amazed at what a few flowers would do to dress up the ol' roll-up!!!lol
    im catchin' whatcher puttin' down DEEZ!!!

locogringo
    DEEZ NUTTS:
    Those of you with 27-29' vees. How tall is your set up while on the trailer? I am meeting with an architect later this week about new house plans. I need to know if I can get away with an 8' high garage door or not. I will be stepping up to the next boat while living in this house. Thank you. We have a 7 ft. door out there with a 29 Magic.
    It fits by literally 3mm. Close ass fit. The condition on buying the house was that the boat would fit.
    You will be more happy with the 8 ft. door trust me. I wish ours was an 8 ft. door.
    Daniel

WopOnWater
    Deez go with at least the 8 foot door but personally I would go with the 12 footer.

al cole'holic
    I can't get past the back of the hatch with my 8' door, but it would depend on the brand of boat and take into consideration the pitch of the driveway.

Pet This
    My 38 Hustler will go through an 8' door with about an inch and a half to spare. It also depends on whether or not your approach is level or not.

TrojanDan
    I have a 29' Magic with 8' doors and it fits no problema. When you have a house built with 8' garage doors, the garage ceiling is usually 9' high, or one foot higher than the garage ceilings with 7' doors. I can stand in my boat on trailer in the garage no problem with about 4"-6" of head room (I'm 6' tall) to spare.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast