Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ? for those with bigger boats.

burtandnancy
    Built a house with a double auto garage (my truck) and used 8' doors, but the third door for the boat I went with 12' and that was the greatest. I could bring the boat up from the lake and leave the bimini up! That was really worth it. And don't forget to put drains in the floor of the boat garage, its nice to wash them indoors in the shade, with the cooler on...

DEEZ NUTTS
    Thanks for the replies. My approach will be mostly level, just inches of fall to the street. I have not checked the restrictions for the hood to see if I can get away with 9'. I want to go with one 18' wide door. 9' tall might look a little big. I have 41' of depth down one side so no worrys there. Dont have a particular boat in mind yet but sounds like it should fit.

TrojanDan
    DEEZ NUTTS
    I have 41' of depth down one side so no worrys there.[/QB]How wide is that bay? I have one bay at 10'x 33' and just wish it was 12' x 33' wide instead. The boat still fits fine but there's about 8' of the boat I need to squeeze around to get through the back door.

Dusty Times
    My 27' Carrera fits in my 8'door but I have to take the arch off. If you have the ceiling height put in the biggest door you can. I built the house to fit the last boat and realized and I change boats more often than houses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123