Thread: If you're gonna hit something, do it right

rrrr
    In the "I can't believe I was that stupid" competition, I submit this picture of my Excursion. I dropped a 20 oz. Diet Coke, while I was fishing for it, the truck brushed the curb and took a hard left. Just happened to be a concrete railroad bridge support waiting for me.
    Except for a few bruises I'm OK. Nothing like 7500 lbs. of Fordasaurus to absorb a 40 MPH impact. Uh, I don't have to worry about the stain in the carpet now. Gonna order a new beast next week with the new 6 liter diesel.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Dsc00040.JPG[/img]
    [ October 27, 2002, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

missboatnam1
    ouch!!!!glad to here your ok, next time let the coke gooooooo.....well good luck getting a new one!! wink

beached1
    The good thing is you were able to walk away. This is another example of why I've been car shopping for the wife lately. We're looking at Burbies and Excursions. With two kids now, the little A4 just isn't cutting it. Not to mention, it wouldn't hold up as well in a accident like yours.

JetBoatRich
    You did it right, maybe nswitch to Pepsi?
    Good to see you were alright.

pgf127rt
    rrr, other than destroying the Exc. how is it going over there in Big D, wetter'n hell down here.
    [ October 27, 2002, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: pgf127rt ]

rrrr
    Yeah, what's the deal with all the clouds and rain? I haven't worked on my Howard in four months, spent all my spare time at the lake in the other boat.
    Now that the cold weather is coming I have the warehouse all cleaned up and ready to finish the project. We bought a lot close to Lake Lavon, getting ready to build a 2000 SF storage building for all of the toys.
    When spring comes I'll give you a shout and we can see how that ol' FE does.

Hotcrusader76
    This would a great Coke commercial....What one will do for a Coca Cola....LOL....

MJ19
    Wow! eek! ...glad to hear you walked away from it safe n sound. Good thing you weren't pulling the boat.