Thread: Paul Pfaff / Imco 4x4 SC / Howard Custom Boats

cbudge
    Just got back from Havasu testing my new Howard 28 Bullet with a Pfaff injected quad rotor with Imcos new 4x4 SC extreme drive. The Pfaff engine idles at 700 rpm and pulls like mad with only 6 lbs of boost. The new Imco 4x4 shifts smooth as silk. Any one considing a new set up or repower needs to take a look at this setup. A special thanks to Paul and Gordon at Pfaff racing, everyone at Imco and of course the team at Howard Custom Boats for a job well done.

twistedpair
    Congrats! Got Pics?

bordsmnj
    yeah,got pics? That sounds like ahelova set up.I'll bet i sounds pretty nice ,too.

Cole
    Whats the Imco 4x4??? and shifts..you dont mean gears do you???? i heard of a drive that has a 1st and 2nd gear...Thanks Cole

Craig
    The 4X4 sounds like a good deal, but the big question is how much does it cost? Does the tranny mount in a standoff box so you don't have to move the engine forward?

jet4fun
    the 4x4 is imco's new badass drive, its based on a bravo drive and is supposed to be the strongest bravo style drive available anywhere... the only downfall is that it is not a shiftable drive so you have to use a tranny... imco uses the bam cyborg tranny, and it comes with a standoff box so that you do not have to move the engine forward...
    btw, cbudge, is your bullett the all yellow one that was at the LA boat show, if so it looks badass, nice boat

cbudge
    yes that was my boat in the LA Show. The cost of the 4x4 Imco is really reasonalbe considering what you get. The standoff box, shiftable tranny, Drive, Gimble, Full hydrolic steering, pumps, etc. turn key for around $20,000 .
    Heard today that the 25 bullit with the quad rotor ran 111 mph today. Mike at Howard diffently has the bottom design of the Howard Bullets dialed in.

RiverToysJas
    cbudge:
    yes that was my boat in the LA Show. Congrats!!! Family & Performance Boating magazine (May issue) named your boat as the best at the show!!!
    I'm a big fan of the Bullet line!!!
    RTJas