Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what's your first boating memory?

hoolign
    Mine was when I was around 5,my dads buddy was the captain of a passenger ferry in Vancouver and I got to steer the thing by myself..well,sorta

DogHouse
    Hanging out down at the dock at Cabrillo, "helping" dad with the sail boat.
    Then, on the way to Catalina...
    -brian

wntitall
    Sitting on my fathers lap, steering an old tri-hull with a 75 horse johnson!!!! smile_sp

Havasu Hangin'
    wntitall:
    Sitting on my fathers lap...steering with a...johnson!You might consider therapy for that.

hoolign
    It would take a very sick mind to misconstrude
    a childhood memory...with sexual inuendo
    [ May 19, 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: hoolign ]

DickDanger
    Unfortunately, one of my first boating memories was watching someone get killed about 20 feet away from me when I was 7. My dad had a very sweet drag boat (I am gonna post a pic of a young DD and his Dad in this thread) with a 427 BBC in it. My family, and many of their friends were at a beach on the Columbia. I had just met this woman that was a friend of my parents that day. This guy in a jet wanted to race my Dad, and he promptly got his ass waxed by the drag boat. He pulled up to the beach all pissed off, and there was another boat in front of his at a 90 degree angle. He apparently was very drunk, and proceed to slam the throttle on his boat, thinking that it was in reverse. It wasnt. I remember seeing this jet jump over the boat in front of it, and landing right on top of that woman that I had met. I can still see her legs sticking out from under the boat to this day. Dead on impact. I also remember the driver of the boat puking in the weeds after seeing the blood seep from under his boat and into the sand. However, aside from that, I DO have many great memories of being with my dad boating. In fact, he is coming down from Washington for the Classic Boat Beach Bash with me. -DD Out
    DD and Dad, in 1976 or '77.

[ May 19, 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Havasu Hangin'
    hoolign:
    It would take a very sick mind to misconstrude
    a childhood memory...with sexual inuendo I was talkin' about phisical therapy...those things are tough to steer...
    What are you talkin' aboot?

wntitall
    LMAO jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop wink

beyondhelpin
    Perch jerking with my Dad in a John Boat with a Mercury 9.9! To little to remember how old I was!

hoolign
    QUOTE]I was talkin' about phisical therapy...those things are tough to steer...
    yeah....ok
    What are you talkin' aboot?
    what's aboot?....oh you mean ..about..
    c'mon now.. our language is'nt that different
    c'ept maybe for you're "z"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast