Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: what's your first boating memory?

Phat_Kat
    my first memory is when I was 4 years old and my dad stuck me behind the wheel. It was quite an honor because my dad is very shakey with anyone besides himself or my uncle behind the wheel. I thought I was going fast and then my dad reached over and with one hand wipped the boat and flipped all the air under the boat. I went through a relatively tight turn and the boat just wipped sideways like a dune buggy then snapped right back the when I turn again it did it and roosted the crap out of the toolies. To this day all I can say is this is the best boat I have ever driven. Ladies and Gentlemen the origional Sleekcraft SST.

That's my Dad in the background. I can never thank my Dad enough for introducing me to this sport along with others. I've grown to be one of the best drivers that most people have ever seen and I can not thank my Dad enough for giving me that, but I am even more thankful for being brought to boating. It's the most relaxing and enjoyable thing I can do. And no there's nothing wrong witht his wrist it's just my bad timing with the camera.
    Thanks Dad
    [ May 22, 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

NoCal NoBoat
    Cal***boat:
    I gave you a five for "Goofy Grape" !
    One of the all-time favorite boats at our camp.
    We thought the name was very cool, and always looked for the boat at Mendocino.
    My uncle's boat was a Trojan inboard - a heavy boat with a wood deck. Definitely not a hot boat, but you could load it up with the whole extended family and still tow double skiers, tubes, whatever. It eventually was named "Godamboat" - two names in one.
    Had dinner with my cousin last week. I told him about this forum, and he reminded me of another Mendocino boat that he skied behind with many others - the "Atom Ant"...

American Xtreme Marine
    Hmmm. My parents used to rent leaky wooden skiffs for fishing on the Barnegat bay. I was maybe 5. My father would let me steer while he rigged the poles. I remember constant bailing with a cut-out clorox bottle and crying when the greenheads bit me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234