Thread: What's up with the avatar?

Outnumbered
    I can't get the avatar to show up. It shows in the profile/set-up screen but then its gone after I update the profile and exit the update mode. When I go back in its gone. I have tried hosting it as a jpg and gif, different file sizes from 100 to 150 pixels, different hosting services, is something going on with this or am I mising somenthing? I have changed my avatar a few times. I'm no expert at posting images but this is pretty simple stuff.
    Thanks for the help,
    OL

Sangster
    I had the same problem awhile ago, then it suddenly worked.....

mickeyfinn
    Stupid question but did you click on the up date avatar button. That is what people usually forget.

Outnumbered
    Yup, that is when the little avatar window shows the avatar on the profile screen. It all looks good but then its gone when I go back in.
    Thanks

Outnumbered
    Forensic:
    I had that problem with GIF image. I converted it to JPG and it worked fine. Aready tried that. What size (pixels) did you get to work? I'm thinking that may be the problem, although I have tried 3 different sizes.
    OL

phebus
    I had the same problem last week. I tried all day, and all different ways to make it work. No luck at all. It would seem to work, but wouldn't appear on my posts. The next day I tried and it worked the first time. Good luck, but I don't think the problem is on your end.