Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: @#$%$%^&^%% Phone Spam

Liberator TJ1984
    How many of you get calls all day from Telemarketers ????
    Everyday I get about 30+ calls at my home phone while I am at work. (Unavailible # ) ...out of these ?? (3) may actually be from someone important..checking the times of the calls they are approx. 20 - 25 mins.apart all the way till 10pm.. burningm
    anyone else have a problem like this
    Is there a # in Texas to block them ???
    [ February 04, 2003, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Liberator TJ1984 ]

Blown 472
    Liberator TJ1984:
    How many of you get calls all day from Telemarketers ????
    Everyday I get about 30+ calls at my home phone while I am at work. (Unavailible # ) ...out of these ?? (3) may actually be from someone important..checking the times of the calls they are approx. 20 - 25 mins.apart all the way till 10pm.. burningm
    anyone else have a problem like this Nope, state set up a do not call list, pretty much everyone in the state is on it, if they call you and you are on the list they get fined.

HammerDown
    Same here in Pa.(no call list). However every now and then a few get through.

spectratoad
    I believe by law they are not allowed to call after 9. I always ask if it is a sales call and tell them no thanks and hang up. Or if they ask for my wife I tell them to hold on and set the phone down.
    Since my wife and I have different last names they ask if Mr. (her last name) Is there and I tell them that he passed away.

Desert Rat
    Get the companys name and the person your talking to. Ask to be removed from any and all lists that have your name on, write it down AND let them know that your writing it down. If you get called again from the same company/telemarketer after 30 days you have the right to file a small claims law suit (50$ fee). The average settlement is $1000 so most companys will remove you from their list. This tact even worked for me with Citi-bank who is one of the biggest telemarket whores in the nation. After doing this for approx. two months I'm lucky (unlucky) if I get 2-3 calls a month now. GOOD LUCK

miller19j
    This is going to sound lame but here goes. We have a telezapper (got it as a gift) and ever since it has been installed we have not had one telemarketer. You still get the calls but they are gone when you pick up the phone. After a while they start to slow down and then eventually stop as you get removed from their lists.

Jungle Boy
    I tell them foackers that I'm very busy and ask for their home number and I'll call them back when I have time. They always say that they can't do that. Then I ask why do they think calling me me at home is any different. I hate it when I'm crawling around inside the boat that phone rings and it's them pricks. devil

Jordy
    RiverDave:
    Miller, what the hell is a telezapper?
    RD Do you live in a cave? For a while it was every other commercial on TV. I always wondered if they really worked. It installs on your phone line and answers the phone when the soliciters call, and since most are computer dialed, it somehow gets your number off the database.
    I'm guessing the same people who make this dealio also make some of the software they sell to the marketing companies. Next they'll be coming out with new telemarketer technology immune to this stage of telezappers, then it's time for you to upgrade. Much like the radar detector and radar gun manufacturers... It's good to play both sides of the fence like that.

miller19j
    jordanpaulk:
    RiverDave:
    Miller, what the hell is a telezapper?
    RD Do you live in a cave? For a while it was every other commercial on TV. I always wondered if they really worked. It installs on your phone line and answers the phone when the soliciters call, and since most are computer dialed, it somehow gets your number off the database.
    I'm guessing the same people who make this dealio also make some of the software they sell to the marketing companies. Next they'll be coming out with new telemarketer technology immune to this stage of telezappers, then it's time for you to upgrade. Much like the radar detector and radar gun manufacturers... It's good to play both sides of the fence like that. Yep Jordy is right. When you answer the phone it sends out that phone number disconnected tone. If it is a computer that is calling you it hangs up on you, and if it is a person they say “What the hell was that!” I hate the thing but it does work.

Jordy
    I just look at my caller ID. Out of Area seems to be a telemarketer most the time. If it is someone who wants to talk to me they'll leave a message or call my mobile. I usually get a couple a day though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast