Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Havasu/Topock...

OOfatso
    Hey All,
    Getting ready to head to the Trailer this weekend (Gotta drag the boat out) and I was thinking about shooting down to havasu.... how is the water level.... Still up??? Thanks for the info....
    "OO"fatso

[ January 23, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: OOfatso ]

cougar27mtr
    I was there on Monday January 20th... We launched at Windsor and went to the sandbar.. Water level was low but made it no problem. Have fun and enjoy It is a bit cold though :-) We had jackets but non the less I was on the water so I was happy
    Enjoy
    cougar27mtr

OOfatso
    cougar27mtr:
    I was there on Monday January 20th... We launched at Windsor and went to the sandbar.. Water level was low but made it no problem. Have fun and enjoy It is a bit cold though :-) We had jackets but non the less I was on the water so I was happy
    Enjoy
    cougar27mtr Thanks MTR...
    The saying that I stick to is " It could be raining at the river, and I would still enjoy it" and belive me...I and the family have sat through a few rainy days.. still fun!
    "OO"fatso

TrojanDan
    Campsite renovated
    by Ann Hagerty
    The Bureau of Reclamations is helping the local office of the Bureau of Land Management maintain its shoreline campsites by lowering Lake Havasu’s elevation through February.
    On Friday, Reclamation began lowering the lake’s elevation from 446.3 to the target elevation of 445.5 so that the BLM could stabilize shorelines around some of its campsites.
    “What we’ve been doing is building restrooms and retaining walls, and things like that to try and keep (shorelines) from dissolving into the lake,” said BLM public affairs officer Diane Williams.
    The bureau has already completed such projects at 30 or 40 of its 107 shoreline campsites, Williams said. Staff plans to enhance seven campsites on the south end of the lake during this time period. The retaining walls are made with a tan stone that blends in well with the shoreline, Williams added.
    Bureau of Reclamations spokesman Bob Walsh said that the lake will remain at an approximate elevation of 445.5 feet through the month of February, and should return to its normal operating level of 445.8 feet by early March.
    “This is the time of year when the lake is down anyway, so it’s a good time for these things to happen,” Walsh said.
    The Reclamation asks lake users to use caution, because lower lake elevations may expose or create natural hazards. For more information about lake elevations, visit www.lc.usbr.gov/lcrivops.html.
    This is from today's headlines on www.havasunews.com
    -Dan

rivercrazy
    http://www.coloradoriverinfo.com/wat....20_press.html
    Check this out. It appears they are lowering Havasu on a temporary basis. That might make getting through the sandbar at the mouth a little iffy...............

OOfatso
    TOOOOOOO Low for Me!!!!!!!
    Think I will just drive that golf cart around and see if I can break it instead of trying to get through the mouth of the lake and end up tearing off my outdrive!!!! What has the temps been at lately????
    "OO"fatso

TrojanDan
    Hey lazy! click here for temps.... www.havasunews.com

jm2drvr
    we went needles all the way to london bridge on Sat and Sun. It looked pretty low at the transition from the river to lake havasu, maybe 2 or 3 feet, but couldn't really tell for sure, charley was driving and he had the peddle mashed.

OOfatso
    TrojanDan:
    Hey lazy! click here for temps.... www.havasunews.com Hey, it takes one to know one!!!!!! NNNNAAAA... Jeeeez it's just like we were back in 2nd grade!!!!........ Whats funny about those reports... I will read that its raining and freezing cold but my boss calls and says it awsome weather!!!! Go Figure.
    "OO"fatso

[ January 23, 2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: OOfatso ]

OOfatso
    jm2drvr:
    we went needles all the way to london bridge on Sat and Sun. It looked pretty low at the transition from the river to lake havasu, maybe 2 or 3 feet, but couldn't really tell for sure, charley was driving and he had the peddle mashed. Jet????
    "OO"fatso

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast