Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is California doomed? Fed Appeals Court Blocks Recall Election!

MagicMtnDan
    Court puts off Calif. recall election
    Federal appeals court gives parties 7 days to appeal order
    BREAKING NEWS
    ASSOCIATED PRESS
    LOS ANGELES, Sept. 15 — A federal appeals court issued an order Monday blocking the state of California from holding a recall election as scheduled on Oct. 7 because of concerns that the state’s punch-card ballots unfairly penalize minorities, but gave interested parties seven days to appeal the decision.
    -------------
    Where was the ACLU (who took this issue to court at the last election?! I'll tell you where - they didn't say $hit and why is that? Because the fockers knew that Gray Davis would win! Now their boy is going down they don't want the election to happen and they had to take their appeal (they lost the first time) to the liberal judges who just killed the election for now.
    I hate to be negative but the sound you hear is the huge toilet flushing this state down the drain (watch out - it might pull the US down with it).

SMFRiverRat
    Was it the 9th court? IS that not the same court that stated saying "One nation, Under God" was unconstitutional?

The voters will cannot be infringed on. That will probably be the reason that the surpreme will hear the case and intercede on the peoples side. They correctly did in the Florida case. Isn't it odd that in such a short time California has replaced Florida as the laughing stock of the country.

rrrr
    SMFRiverRat:
    Was it the 9th court? IS that not the same court that stated saying "One nation, Under God" was unconstitutional? Same ****ing assholes. I feel sorry for you people out there.....

Dave C
    This is such a politically motived decision by the 9th circus again.
    So if someone "Might" be disenfranchised by the punchcard ballots then they disenfranchise the rest of us by not allowing us to vote on 10/7.
    This is nonsense.

Rocket2003
    It's thing's like this, that make me glad I left the state!

Ducatista
    Jesus! Granted we are Californuts, but we are not Floridiots! Of all the dimpled chads, that Gay Davis is a slippery SOB. Bring on the appeal!

Dave C
    How come its always the liberals always trying to manipulate or stop the people from voting? or then sue to try to overturn the results of an election if they don't like those results.
    What ever happened to the will of the people?

mirvin
    Here's the thing: The election is postponed until March; The illegals start getting their Drivers Licenses in January- so by the time the election rolls around they will all be registerd to vote!!!!
    VIVA MEXIFORNIA!!

Kilrtoy
    Who is complaining the WHITE people, in this state the illegals have taken over. Who is the minorities

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast