Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customer Service (BAD)

TCHB
    Out of all the major boat manufactures which one do you think is the worst in dealing with customer concerns?

Tom Brown
    Edsun

rrrr
    Ugh, I hate threads that look for the negative in boating. We have all had bad experiences, and the worst usually find their way here to warn others.
    Just seems like a downer to see a collection of bad times.

Tom Brown
    Don't sweat it, rrrr. Edsun went broke years ago so let's drag their name through the mud.

RiverToysJas
    rrrr:
    Ugh, I hate threads that look for the negative in boating. We have all had bad experiences, and the worst usually find their way here to warn others.
    Just seems like a downer to see a collection of bad times. I started to type that same reply about 10 minutes ago and never finished it. The other problem is that there's three sides to every story anyway.
    I'd personally like to see who has the best and use process of elimination to find the poor ones that didn't rate. But it's not my thread, just my opinion.
    RTJas

Infomaniac
    TCHB:
    Out of all the major boat manufactures which one do you think is the worst in dealing with customer concerns? How much of a pain in the ass are you?
    It makes a difference.

Tom Brown
    Infomaniac:
    How much of a pain in the ass are you?Sometimes you need to do that. Other times it hurts your cause.
    Someone should write a guide/FAQ about how to get results from vendors. I think that would be an immensely positive thing. It can be tough to walk the line between defending yourself so you don't get screwed over and giving the vendor the respect they deserve and need to make things right.
    Let's face it, there are people who are looking for the tiniest of things to go wrong so they can convince themselves they've been screwed, no matter how good reparations are. Also, there are people who have really been poorly served by a relationship with a vendor who say nothing and just brush it off.
    I don't think it's valid to make a list of good and bad vendors without taking into account personal variations in tolerance, expectations, and ability to communicate.

Tom Brown:
    Infomaniac:
    How much of a pain in the ass are you?Sometimes you need to do that. Other times it hurts your cause.
    Someone should write a guide/FAQ about how to get results from vendors. I think that would be an immensely positive thing. It can be tough to walk the line between defending yourself so you don't get screwed over and giving the vendor the respect they deserve and need to make things right.
    Let's face it, there are people who are looking for the tiniest of things to go wrong so they can convince themselves they've been screwed, no matter how good reparations are. Also, there are people who have really been poorly served by a relationship with a vendor who say nothing and just brush it off.
    I don't think it's valid to make a list of good and bad vendors without taking into account personal variations in tolerance, expectations, and ability to communicate. Excellent post Tom. Both parties in any disagreement should pay particular attention to the last 3 words of your post. They are paramount to solving any problem.

HOSS
    I think they all suck. I`m not gettin` shit for free.

Tom Brown
    HOSS:
    I`m not gettin` shit for free. I'll give you shit for free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast