Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh & Black Quarterbacks.

carbonmarine
    Guys,
    Does anyone see what the uproar is about ??
    My point is there have been great black qtr backs in the past, The League has none now and he brought simply made that point ( why I dont know ?? ) ..... Also, It's true players & teams are over rated for marketing reasons as well ... theres mnany examples of all he brought up ...
    Where is there an innaccuracy...? and what is the uproar over ??
    Rick32
    [ October 01, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: carbonmarine ]

Kilrtoy
    Whose crying about it, the blacks,
    Im sure its not the mexicans in the league, OOOPPSSSS are there any.....

CA Stu
    Kilrtoy:
    Whose crying about it, the blacks,
    Im sure its not the mexicans in the league, OOOPPSSSS are there any..... Tony Gonzales, TE for the Chiefs. Best TE in the league.
    What about Culpepper, Vick, McNair, McNabb?
    Rush must not be a football fan.
    Screw the cranky old bastard!
    CA Stu
    Thanks
    CA Stu

carbonmarine
    I think his point was Greatness ... as an example: Namath, Elway, Montana, Gretzky, Louganis ...
    Rick32

rrrr
    **** 'em. It suits the (blacks, hispanics, fill in the blank)'s interests to use race in whatever way possible. Rush made an accurate observation, doesn't have anything to do his position on race.
    It's no different than what the IRL and press does with Sarah Fisher. She has turned out to be a real dud, but gets plenty of press and hoopla 'cause she's a girl. If she was a guy she would have been shown the door long ago.
    The police chief in Dallas was fired a few weeks ago, he was an incompetent boob. The only reason he was hired was because he was black. Of course there is an uproar because he was shitcanned. Never mind that he presided over a huge increase in the crime rate here and had no support from the police officers. To hear him and his lackeys tell it, the City Manager and the Mayor are racists, he was fired because he is black.
    It's all so ****ing stupid........

WILDERTHANU
    I'M A RUSH LIMBAUGH SUPPORTER .........HE JUST REPORTS THE FACTS PEOPLE ! !

The truth hurts but it will set you free! He did not do anything wrong. Insensitive and maybe politically incorrect...but he did not do anything wrong. He is right. Look at Cordell samething he has been the receipient of great performances from his teammates and frankly I think he has been overated.
    The PC crowd should worry about something other than whether Rush is Pc or not.

summerlove
    All Rush said was that McNabb is overrated and that the defense is making him look good. He went on to say:
    “I don’t think he’s been that good from the get-go,” Limbaugh said about McNabb on last Sunday’s pregame show. “I think what we’ve had here is a little social concern in the NFL.
    “I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve. The defense carried this team.”
    For the record, the Eagles have gone to the NFC title game the last two seasons. By the same token, the rest of the players in the league thought enough of McNabb’s offensive skills to vote him into the Pro Bowl the last three seasons. Without reporters blocking or catching a single pass, McNabb has led Philly to a 36-22 record in his starts, including the playoffs.
    In my opinion, Rush is full of shit. I've had Donovan on my fantasy team for two years and he carries my team on stats alone. The guy will become one of the greats. Rush also said that the rams haven't been to a superbowl - huh??? The guy is a toad and ESPN needs to 86 him now. The comment was, if not racist, certainly insensitive, from someone with his following.

carbonmarine
    Nobody got my boob with a hockey player and and a diver...... ha, ha....
    Rick

Kilrtoy
    What about Culpepper, Vick, McNair, McNabb?
    All good QB's, But far from great

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast