Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toybox Trailers

DesertDog
    I'm ready to buy a toybox trailer(around 28').Anyone own one,or have good or bad luck with any certain brands?
    Also,my truck is a Ford F250 shortbox with a 4" lift.Anyone tow a 5th wheel with a lifted truck?

77charger
    I have one but its only an 18 it works for us fine but i also sue it for the boat races and camping when we dont go riding .I think they have lots of uses.I have a baja brand so far i am really happy with it and it is holding up well.the only thing i dont like is that the rear door isnt as high as other brans and i have to tuck my head to go thru.But for 10,200 new and well equiped i aint hoing to really bitch about it.
    If you ask 10 different people about toyboxes you might get 10 answers for different brands

vdrivenman
    hi dawg,
    we have a prowler/fleetwood 26ft SUT bumper pull, fully contained w onbaord 4.8 generator. haul a HD roadking & Yamaha warrior mc's in the back. ours is a little different than most since the hauling area is seperated from the living and only acessible by lowering the ramp. we've been to co, nm, ut,az,tenn,& nc.it weighs in a 6400 loaded. having had both, 5th wheel pulls better, but harder to hook up and u looose the use of your truck bed. we like the new work & play and campmaster models, but not near the living space and we leave ours at the lake during the summer.the generator is a real nice +

Havasubum
    i've got the weekand warrior fs2600 and that has been an excellent trailer.

mtndewdrops
    We bought an Extreme 22TXU made by Kit MFG. We went to the RV show in Pomona and felt it had the highest quality and the best warranty...Try a 5 Year Mfg warranty..nobody comes close!
    This baby has a 4KW Onan Generator, 30Gal Pump Station, Gelcoat Exterior, Dark wood cabinets, Cieling Fan, 4 speakers inside 2 outside, diamond plate ramp, and get this an ICEMAKER...they also through in the Screen Room and an electric tongue jack.

We thought the next best was the NationalRV Ragen. Too bad they wouldn't deal that day

stonehedge
    mntdewdrops, your 22ft came with a ceiling fan? Dang how is it hung? Is it a low profile mount? And how many blades? How long are the blades? And do you you hit your head? Those are nice trailers, did you get the ice maker to?

stonehedge
    Sorry I saw that you did get and ice-maker, I meant to ask about it, does the gen have to be running to use it/or/land electric, reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if its propane, or do they make a propane model?

mtndewdrops
    stonehedge:
    mntdewdrops, your 22ft came with a ceiling fan? Dang how is it hung? Is it a low profile mount? And how many blades? How long are the blades? And do you you hit your head? Those are nice trailers, did you get the ice maker to? The Cieling fan has a base mount with no drop 4 blades around 36" diameter. I am 6'3 and have plenty of clearance. It helps to mix the air and heat/air conditioning.
    The ice maker is 110v, to use 12v you can get an inverter. The gen runs it fine, but while we travel we are not making ice.

BALLSDEEP
    mtndewdrops:
    Does this company have a web site?

mtndewdrops
    BALLSDEEP:
    mtndewdrops:
    Does this company have a web site? YES!!! The company was purchased from Kit MFG on Jan 29, 2003 by the employees and is now Extreme Rv's. We have a 03' 22TXU with "Out of Africa" interior. The generator is a Onan 4.0 and does not slide out as shown in there website showroom. This was an old style of mounting that did not work out too well.
    Extreme RV web page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast