Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toybox Trailers

stonehedge
    Thank you for the info, do you know who makes your ice maker and could you post the brand, please.

Trailer Park Casanova
    I camp with a lot of friends with toybox's.
    The major problems I've seen are massive frame cracking on the Weekend Warriors. But having said that, it's guys that I think would crack the frame of any toybox they owned. They drag them through some pretty hairy stuff and don't disconnect the load equalizing bars like is recomended by the WW when off road.
    you may find more info from owners at:
    WWW.AMERICANSANDASSOCIATION.ORG
    Bulletin board, RV Trailer tow vech forum
    Same on:
    www.glamisdunes.com
    Other than that, typical trailer teething problems are common to most brands. Little odds and ends like they forgot to connect a wire, or screw in someting properly, laid down the flooring over sawdust and nails. Nothing major except for the frame problems with WW's.
    Most of them are good, just buy what feels comfortable, and will give you a good price.
    My favorite; Ragin, Blazin and the super nice, but very expensive SandTek.
    If you order, order with the quietest and largest generator they offer, and get the oversize A/C.
    [ June 08, 2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

mtndewdrops
    stonehedge:
    Thank you for the info, do you know who makes your ice maker and could you post the brand, please. The Ice maker is made by U-Line.

DesertDog
    Thanks for your input guys.I wound up ordering a Rampage 289 5th wheel.I got lots of options on it and they have to do an axle flip to clear my lifted truck.My neighbor owns the rv dealership and gave me a great deal on it.

Boozer
    I have been considering a Toy Box myself. Do you guys know if you can pull tandem with a toy box in non 5th wheel form?
    My dillema is this. My tow vehicale is a Dodge Durango. I have a boat and several bikes. The place I go boating also allows us to go riding and I'd love to be able to do both but dont exactly have the means to do so. So I am wondering if I can go Toy Box to Boat with a standard tongue rather then 5th wheel.
    Maybe I could flip the axles and installe a 5th wheel hitch on the roof of my durango?????
    Anyone know??

Mandelon
    I think to double you need 5th wheel hitch. Check with your Highway Patrol. Can you get your existing trailer modified maybe to accomodate bike rack. Or maybe one bike on a front bumper rack and one on the back?

TroubIeOnWater
    Mandelon:
    I think to double you need 5th wheel hitch. Check with your Highway Patrol. Can you get your existing trailer modified maybe to accomodate bike rack. Or maybe one bike on a front bumper rack and one on the back? I have seen trailers that have been modified to hold two bikes up front. Problem with that is that I have 2 dirt bikes and a quad so theres no way im going to find a trailer that will hold the boat 2 bikes and a quad. But then again with some fabrication i might be able to rig it. I'd just rather have a toy box. Maybe ill have to go find a cheap work horse truck.

TroubIeOnWater
    Is there anyway to get your password sent a different email address then what u signed up with?? The name i always use is boozer but i set this one up at home one day and dont my password for my boozer name.

vdrivenman
    that's why we prefer a bumper pull leaves the bed of the truck for hauling. weld a receiver to the t/t and pull the boat.haul quad in truck & m/c's in t/t.
    ours weighs 6400 loaded with a HD roadking & Yamaha warrior.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Their's an interesting thread on that subject, either in West, or Sandbar last month.
    Max length is 65 feet, you need a licence endorsement, the middle trailer has to be a fifth wheel with working brakes, and several other requirements.
    You'll be stopped constantly by the authorities in every State.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12