Thread: Tires

Cole Sanger
    Well, it's that time again. I am looking at getting tires for my 99 Suburban K2500 4X4 that is lifted on a 6" Superlift. I have Goodyear Wrangler MTR 315/75R16s on it now. I was thinking about going with a good all-terrain tire, but can't seem to find one that looks aggressive like my MTR's. I saw the show Trucks and they had some Dick Cepek Radial F-C2 all-terrains that looked good, but I was wondering if anyone had tried these. I don't want to buy them and have them wear really fast. I was also wondering how much those tires are. My tires now have lasted a year and a half. They have some tread left, but I would like to keep them in the garage for future use. Does anyone know if I could put on some 325/80R16s? I would like to go with a little bit bigger if I am going to go with all-terrains. I was just wondering if anyone has tried them.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/643magnet_on_side-med.JPG[/img]
    [ August 10, 2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Cole Sanger ]

Outnumbered
    I've always had good luck with BFG ATs. Quiet and pretty strong off road. MTs are better but wear quicker and are much louder. I've heard a lot of people saying good things about the ProComp X-terrains. Supposed to be quiet and aggressive but they are pricey. Grab a 4-Wheeler or Petersons 4x4 and off road mag and check out the 4-Wheel parts tire ads. Lots of good ideas there.
    OL

bigq
    Nitto Terra Grappler

BlownForce 29
    i have good year, they are excellent tire but a little pricey, and loud but bfg are also great tires

25Elmn8r
    bigq:
    Nitto Terra Grappler I have to agree! I put them on the Suburban and love them so far. I have put about 10k miles on them so far and they still look brand new. Pretty aggressive for an all terrain. They are pretty quiet too. Here is a pic of the Sub. [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/204DSC00071-med.JPG[/img]
    And one of the tire

Cole Sanger
    Here is a link to the tires I was thinking about. I still haven't made up my mind. How much are those Nitto's? I need 315/75R16, but want to see how 325/80R16's look and fit.
    http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/cepek_fcii.html