Thread: 6.9L Diesels IDI....Who are you?

Hotcrusader76
    Ok guys....just so we are all pumping from the same tank here.....Who here owns the NON-Power Stroke 6.9/7.3 Diesels?
    I just spent all day today cleaning and performing the much needed maintainence on my Banks Turbo'ed 6.9 deserves...
    And now I'm in trouble because I can't get the grime off my hands in time for left-over Turkey
    [ December 01, 2002, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

HammerDown
    7.3 IDI F250 4x4 XLT 4x4 super cab...real cream puff...148000 miles.

malcolm
    '87 F250 6.9 CTS turbo, 3" exhaust, Powerstroke muffler, C-6 auto, 355 gears, 12' Conastoga camper, and '75 Spectra 18.

[ December 05, 2002, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: malcolm ]

simply red
    88 F-250 5sp 4x4 S/C 93 7.3 IDI turbo motor W/banks turbo. red

Hotcrusader76
    Well today has been a Saaaaaddddd day for the ole'F-350...
    I had my new LUK Clutch arrive....destroyed and un-packaged of course, looks like I received someone elses return..WTF!!! So I called this morning complaining with tact of course. This clutch gets alot of rave reveiws and I was thrilled to hand it off to my clutch guy....LOL HAHAHAHAHAA.....stories not even over here....
    I show up at my clutch guys shop for an install (only because he's machineing the flywheel) and to discuss my options with this NEW trashed out clutch. He didn't even show up!!! WTF!!!! I was there at 0700AM like we agreed on, and 0730AM rolls by and I roll out...sorry....but when you take big dollars from ole' Ty man....I expect some TLC...
    So long story short I will have my new clutch Monday AM along with my new Clutch guy, Mueller Diesel Service in Santee. Not only are they charging me more, but they enlightened me on some things that I wasn't even aware of.
    The ole'Clutch guy was only charging for one U-joint replacement, when my truck has 4 of them(which I new it had, but the price quoted should have been a no brainer ALL 4 not just one) and a carrier bearing (that would have been a surprise charge, yikes!!) and that it would take all day and not 5 hours.....Hmmmmmm...
    What was I having done....
    Install my new Clutch (single mass flywheel machineing)
    Install my new Master and Slave cylinder
    Install all (4 that is) new U-joints while your down there type thing....
    And give me a "warm-and-fuzzy" that its ok to spend that much money on a Clutch job.
    Anyone want to guess on how much there charging?
    ~Ty
    [ December 06, 2002, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

malcolm
    $1200 ? $1500 ?
    Why don't you just jack up the radiator cap and roll a new truck under it!
    What's bad, the clutch or everything else? The hydraulics are easy to change at any time, So are the U-joints.