Thread: 6.0 liter psd

Havasubum
    does anyone have the psd and what do you think about it

STV_Keith
    I have heard nothing but problems for this new motor so far.

Jrocket
    STV_Keith:
    I have heard nothing but problems for this new motor so far. Me too...Mostly back east where its colder but still way too many problems.I like Fords and drive one now but I'll wait until they get some bugs worked out before spending the money on a new one.Warranty's are great but when its in the shop and I want to be at the river....we have a problem.Too bad though,because when they run,they run hard...

Havasu Cig
    We just bought an 03 Excursion with the 6.0 psd. The motor has a ton of power, pulls way better than both of my 7.3's. We only have about 3500 miles on it, but so far so good.

Jordy
    I have some friends with one here in town (no cold weather issues). Out of the 3 months they have had it, it's been in the shop for half of that. Can't keep injectors in it. On the other hand, some of the superstock guys run them and have had no problems at all. Kind of a luck of the draw kind of thing I suppose. They're twice the motor of that 7.3 Navistar on paper anyway.

HP350SC
    I am a tech. at ford dealer(though I don't work on diesels). Better wait a year or two until bugs are worked out.

SoCalOffshore
    Or...buy the DMAX now.

Ziggy
    I've got the 7.3 and its been flawless. Guy at work got the new 6.0, barely 2k miles and he's already taking it in for oil leaks(rear main) which apparently is alreay quite common on 'em. Bummer deal. Hope they work out the other kinks too.