Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowering Springs?????

Slick
    I've got a front coil that's shot. My 1988 suburban currently has Bell Tech spindals and 2" drop coils. Does anyone have experience with some of the other lowering kits or should I just stick with Bell Tech Springs.
    Thanks,
    Slick

GofastRacer
    Slick:
    I've got a front coil that's shot. My 1988 suburban currently has Bell Tech spindals and 2" drop coils. Does anyone have experience with some of the other lowering kits or should I just stick with Bell Tech Springs.
    Thanks,
    Slick I've only used Bell Tech on my trucks and they are top quality, I had friends who tried the cheaper kits and they got what they paid for!! eek! I would suggest staying with Bell Tech!!...Just my .02.....

roln 20s
    BELL TECH all the way. I have all Bell Tech parts (spindles, flip kit, shackles)on my truck which has now been air bagged for over 3 years and lowered for over 4. Never had one problem. The little extra 4 years ago was the best decision I ever made. My bro has a 99 silverado with a 4/6 Chassis Tech, no problems, but just squeeks alot, doesn't seem to fit and also have the same good finish as Bell Tech. I'll always be a BELL TECH man.
    Roln 20s

jm2drvr
    i've got a 99 bourbon that i'm thinking about dropping a bit, would these bell tech products apply. sorry if it's a stupid question guys, I know a thing or two about engines, but when it comes to suspensions, i'm clueless. Thanks for the help.

GofastRacer
    jm2drvr:
    i've got a 99 bourbon that i'm thinking about dropping a bit, would these bell tech products apply. sorry if it's a stupid question guys, I know a thing or two about engines, but when it comes to suspensions, i'm clueless. Thanks for the help. Here ya go, all the info you need!.. wink
    Bell Tech

GofastRacer
    roln 20s:
    BELL TECH all the way. I have all Bell Tech parts (spindles, flip kit, shackles)on my truck which has now been air bagged for over 3 years and lowered for over 4. Never had one problem. The little extra 4 years ago was the best decision I ever made. My bro has a 99 silverado with a 4/6 Chassis Tech, no problems, but just squeeks alot, doesn't seem to fit and also have the same good finish as Bell Tech. I'll always be a BELL TECH man.
    Roln 20s My point exactly!!
    [ January 08, 2003, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

HavasuDreamin'
    jm2drvr:
    i've got a 99 bourbon that i'm thinking about dropping a bit, would these bell tech products apply. sorry if it's a stupid question guys, I know a thing or two about engines, but when it comes to suspensions, i'm clueless. Thanks for the help. For all of those that are going to do a 4/6 or 5/7, I would highly suggest a company called DJM. I used Bell Tech Spindles, Springs, blah, blah, blah, and have little turning radius due to the 5.5" back spacing on my wheels (combined with the 2" drop spindle). The wheel rubs the lower control arm. DJM makes a lower control arm that will drop the front of the vehicle without having to use a drop spindle. Thus you avoid the turning radius nightmare that I have. I have never used the product, but one of my good friends has them on his truck and has nothing but great things to say about them.

Wicked1
    After having three trucks and lowering and bagging them as well as all my friends rides I have always used Bell Tech cause its the easiest to install and it WORKS... Just my .2$

GofastRacer
    Wicked1:
    After having three trucks and lowering and bagging them as well as all my friends rides I have always used Bell Tech cause its the easiest to install and it WORKS... Just my .2$ Right on!!.... wink

Hotcrusader76
    Slick:
    Thanks,
    Slick Did you call DJM or even Eibach?
    I used DJM on my 94'GMC for years until I body dropped/4-linked her with bags (quik-air)
    Bell Tech is nice but a bit pricey. Exhaust your options and search your resources (***boat users!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast