Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Chat Room.....

DansBlown73Nordic
    I remember back a couple months ago you e-mailed me saying a chat room was just around the corner. Whats the deal. I know some of the post whores would love it. wink

***boat
    Actually enough members of the board said that it would be a bad idea, so eventually I gave up on it. Main concerns were that it would draw too many people out of the forums and it would be empty in here. I have not completely given up on it, but I am waiting to see how much traffic we have in the forums over the summer.

Froggystyle
    I for one am against the chat room idea. A lot of good, referenceable information is given out on the forums during idle "chitchat" and it would all be lost to those not on at the specific time it is not being discussed.
    Knowing the drama level here also, I think that it would create problems with a "what I really said was.." "No you didn't, what you said was..."
    situation.
    Plus, so many of the readers are not posters, but more lurkers. You would not get them to post there either, and it would decrease their enjoyment of the site significantly.
    Just my .02

Her454
    In the beginning I thought a chat room would be beneficial to the site but now I am in agreement with Froggy 100% on the forums losing valuable information via public posts and all information shared. Even if the site slows down in the summer, I dont think thats justification for a chat room and the long term losses.

DansBlown73Nordic
    You Guys and Girls have some very good points.I was thinking more of a place for us to chat about boating. Not really as a info type reference.

Froggystyle
    Dans66Stevens:
    You Guys and Girls have some very good points.I was thinking more of a place for us to chat about boating. Not really as a info type reference. No way to separate the two I'm afraid. Some of the best info comes up during BS posts. Phone numbers, places to stay, answers to problems, etc...

We already have one. It's called "who's still up"

DansBlown73Nordic
    That is True.... wink

HOSS
    Cali has enough chat rooms 66.

JetBoatRich
    Rexone:
    We already have one. It's called "who's still up" This is the one I visit wink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast