Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forums

***boat
    As of 10:00PST on sunday we closed the forums. Since then we have re-installed Win2k on the Hot Boat server and made some major upgrades. We have also changed to an SQL based forums. The speed difference should be substantial.
    There are a couple of things that did not make it through the upgrade. It is unfortunate, but it is the price to pay for a quicker browsing experience. So far the only one I have really noticed is that the UBB code such as bold did not seem to last through the upgrade. UBB code and VBulletin code are mostly the same however, and should not take long to figure out.
    Another change of note is that I am now limiting the size of the avatars.
    If you have any questions about this upgrade, please post them here.

***boat2
    Ok gang the deal on the upgrades to elaborate on ***boat's posting:
    1. We have been wanting to do a fresh install for a while and have finally gotten time to do so. We figured most of you would be watching football all day so this wouldnt be a bother! Well hopefully that and some beers made you forget about your woes of not being here! We probably even got some good and bad things from your wives, girlfriends, or both for some of you, for being away from the computer for so long. But in the end this upgrade has given a much faster computer to work with. There was a couple of major things wrong from dell's default install. So those are all fixed and we are now cooking.
    2. The forums as you all know by now have completely changed over! Most were probably in shock when you came in. This is good. We have been planning a forum for quite some time now. And since we were down there redoing everything we both agreed to upgrade the forums. So ***boat went online and finalized his research for the perfect forum for you all. And this is what we came up with. This forum is a lot faster and more stable than our previous one. Which means less headaches for all.
    Well we all do appreciate the patience today. I hope we didnt bother to many of you with this update. But we believe it is for the better. And so we do hope you enjoy it.
    ***boat2

BigBoyToys
    My PM's are full of someone elses messages and mine have disappeared!

***boat
    And BigBoyToys is the first member to sign on to the new forums at 3:35am PST.

***boat
    That is no good. I will try and re-build the PM index now. There were a couple of issues with the PM transfers, but it should not have been anything like that.
    Anyone else having PM problems please post them here.

Jbb
    Nice ...I like the browse feature for attaching pics....
    In looking at posts with pics ..The address shows instead of the pictures...

***boat
    I am not so sure about that feature my self. It will be good as long as it doesn't get out of control. I will be enabling more features through out the week as I test them.

BigBoyToys
    looks like the VB code isn't working? My updated signature line doesn't link.....
    like this www.pritek.net should be a link?

***boat
    I'm not sure about the sig, but I have it enabled so that you do not need to add code around URLs. Just type the url in and it will link it automatically.
    http://www.***boat.com

BigBoyToys
    It will take some getting used to....but I'm working on it!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast