Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mercruiser oil

rude235
    AMSOIL all the way. motor and tranny in tow vehicle, motor, outdrive and wheelbearings on trailer.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by rude235
    AMSOIL all the way. motor and tranny in tow vehicle, motor, outdrive and wheelbearings on trailer.
    Works great when you distribute the stuff... For those of us mere mortals, there is Mobil 1 and Wal Mart...

rude235
    you have two options. you can either order it off my website and have it shipped directly to your house or i can make you a distributor and you get wholesale prices (and either have it shipped or pick it up at the closest warehouse).

Dr. Eagle
    you have two options. you can either order it off my website and have it shipped directly to your house or i can make you a distributor and you get wholesale prices (and either have it shipped or pick it up at the closest warehouse).
    Nice, what is your website...???

rude235
    site address is:
    www.lubedealer.com/extremelubricants
    it's a cookie cutter site for now so be kind and don't flame me too bad for a cheezy site

Dr. Eagle
    site address is:
    www.lubedealer.com/extremelubricants
    it's a cookie cutter site for now so be kind and don't flame me too bad for a cheezy site
    Not gonna flame you at all...really not too bad. Did you build it yourself with front page or something? Looks OK to me!!!
    I did request info on becoming a dealer. For high perf oil, it is about 1 buck cheaper a quart than Red Line, and there are a lot of people that swear by Amsoil.

rude235
    dr. eagle, i definitely didn't build it myself. i'm far from knowing how to do anything even close to building a website. it's a site that was built and maintained by amsoil. i've considered having a site done but just haven't got around to checking into it. as for your request about amsoil, i'll be receiving a letter in the mail from amsoil in the next week or so telling me about your request. so don't be surprised to get an email from me to make sure you received the info/materials you requested. don't hesitate to drop me an email if you have any questions, just make sure to put "amsoil" or something like that in the subject line 'cause i tend to delete a lot of emails without opening them if i don't recognize the address it came from.

Dr. Eagle
    dr. eagle, i definitely didn't build it myself. i'm far from knowing how to do anything even close to building a website. it's a site that was built and maintained by amsoil. i've considered having a site done but just haven't got around to checking into it. as for your request about amsoil, i'll be receiving a letter in the mail from amsoil in the next week or so telling me about your request. so don't be surprised to get an email from me to make sure you received the info/materials you requested. don't hesitate to drop me an email if you have any questions, just make sure to put "amsoil" or something like that in the subject line 'cause i tend to delete a lot of emails without opening them if i don't recognize the address it came from.
    Thanks rude dude!!!!

Havasu47
    We have found sometimes roller camshafts (in all the newer engines) can have a problem with synthetic oils. The rollers in the lifters can slip on the lobes damaging the surface of the rollers after time.
    The higher ups at Comp have also noticed this.
    Just my .02

rude235
    havasu47, i've heard this before. the thing i don't understand is that it seems to be that some builders use nothing but synthetics and others refuse to use it because of what you mentioned. there are a good number of automakers that use synthetics in there engines from the factory. i've had no probs with them and will continue to use them. the thing that really sold me on amsoil is the fact that they will repair or replace a motor that has been damaged due to an oil related problem. this is one of those topics that have as many opinions as there are types of oil

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast