Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Oil Pan Gasket>

HammerDown
    Just wondering is the 1 piece Fel-Pro Pan Gasket be reused?
    Its only been on there for 5 months.

GofastRacer
    By all means they are the shit, I use one and if your pan is in good shape you don't even need silicone!. Wish they would have came out with that 20 years ago!..

HammerDown
    Originally posted by GofastRacer
    By all means they are the shit, I use one and if your pan is in good shape you don't even need silicone!. Wish they would have came out with that 20 years ago!..
    Thanks for the reply...the Motors out again...and I'm hopeing the slight leak is from the Rear Main Seal...and not the 1-Piece Gasket.

GofastRacer
    The part that saves them is that you can't over tighten them, if your pan ends are not chewed up from scraping old gaskets it will seal dry!..

HammerDown
    It appears the the oil pan gasket to be the culprit, its only wet in the corner by the filter...debating whether or not to roll in a new Rear Main Seal.

blownmoney
    gofast..maybe i'm missing somethin here, but i have had a problem with the fel pro one piece gasket?, i've tried it with a dan olsen pan& a milidon pan, with both pans it seams that the front & rear seals are tight but i still have more than a qtr inch on the side rails, on both pans side rails were perfectly straight, not wanting to !@# up a $450 pan i used a 4 piece composite set?
    ever had this happen?, what was i doin wrong?.. thanks.. jas

GofastRacer
    That's strange, mine couldn't fit any better!..

blownmoney
    maybe it was a different type of material , the one i was trying was a blue one piece fel pro gasket ran 49.95 from summit..

GofastRacer
    Sounds like the one I use all blue, didn't get it at Summit though, think I paid $46 if I remember right??..

HammerDown
    Yep, the one I have it all Blue from Fel-Pro. For sure it can be reused. I tell ya what, what ever it's made of I've neve seen Ultra Black RTV stick to anything like it sticks to that Gasket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast