Thread: Pump Question for Eagle Racing

Taylorman
    What kind of engines are they running in this boat. Also, what is the two water lines coming off the pump for. i know the one is water supply but why is there one coming of the suction housing?
    http://www.eagleracing.ca/RGallery/racew3.12.jpg

SteelBee
    Jungle Boy will probably jump in with more information, but I will put my $0.02 in on the engine.
    Tim Harding built the 464 Chev engine, which has profiler cylinder heads and titanium valves. One of the valves broke near the end of the race, and they had to borrow another motor to finish. Tim took the engine back to the U.S. to do a post-mortem.
    I had coffee with Tim (the beer gardens weren't open yet!), and he thought that it was a bit too much motor for the boat. Another guy said that all high perfornamce engine builders claim that!
    I don't know what the second line off the pump is for, unless it is to measure bowl pressure?

Jungle Boy
    I sent a note to Eagle to see if Rob was around to answer the engine question, but Steelbee is right on the main engine details. It was a very cool engine. Tim Harding builds some good stuff. The line off the housing is for a pressure gauge used in testing grates, impellers, spoons & intake changes. It may also have the option to cool depending on how it's set up.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...AP0006-med.jpg

Blown 472
    Looks like a serious ass motor in there. The guy in blue seems pretty relaxed.

Infomaniac
    I bet they are measuring inlet pressure. Make sure they do not load too much water, or too little.
    Nice intake manifold !!
    Jungle Boy - Where do you guys buy enough gas for a long race? I'm sure those are not pump gas engines.

Jungle Boy
    The boats hold about 55 gallons of fuel and most legs of the races are about 75 - 90 miles long, so you fill it up and plan to finish with about 10 - 12 gallons left in the tank. The amount of fuel a guy packs is always the big question, cause you don't want to be hauling an extra 20 gallons around due to the weight. Then at the end of the leg, you meet your truck and haul the boat out and re-fuel for the next leg.

Taylorman
    Does anyone have a web sight for Profiler Intakes?

Dog
    http://www.profilerperformance.com/ (profiler performance)

H2OT PURSUIT
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    Looks like a serious ass motor in there. The guy in blue seems pretty relaxed.
    If I had the money it takes to have those kinds of boats and motors I would be so relaxed I slip into a freekin coma.