Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How not to own a Schiada!

HotHallet
    I have grown up in Schiada boats as my folks are currently on their second 22 footer and I have nothing but respect for Schiadas and their owners and hope to own a 21 foot V-drive someday. My family knows the Spinlers well. Anyway recently at Topock some friends of mine and I saw a few Schiada V-drives cruise in and you can bet we were down on the dock checking them out. We talked to the owners and rapped about their boats and talked about the history and stuff and basically drooled over the boats. The guys seemed really cool and their sons until we all got ready to leave Topock and the owners boys approached one of my friends wife and anothers girlfirends and asked them if they were into providing some entertainment for the weekend basically calling them hookers. The girls were not scantily dressed and did not deserve this dis-respect. A fight almost broke out and the dad's even tried to get into it. I did not find this behvaior consistent with the respect associated with owning a Schiada and thought these guys were ridiculous. Even though they appeared to have some cash they obviously didn't deserve the prestige associated with owning this coveted craft. Sorry for the long post but I had to vent!!!

Hmmm? Sounds like SuperDave.
    Must have finished the boat earlier than we thought

"I did not find this behvaior consistent with the respect associated with owning a Schiada"
    what planet are you from.
    Since when does owning a Schiada place you in a class above everyone else? (except in the minds of a Schiada owner) I agree that they build the finest boat , along with Hallett, on the West Coast, and I'd love to have a 22 myself, but come on. Just because someone can afford their prices gives them instant 'respect'? Bullshit.
    The way they treated your wifes and girlfriends sounds like it was totally out of line, and they probably needed their ass kicked.

SPECTRABRENT
    like Old Rigger stated, Schiada does make a nice boat, but I never knew that Schiada owners were in a class by themselves.
    I never assume that just because someone appears to have a few $$$ that they do. There are lots of "Broke Jokers" driving big dollar boats.
    Brent

What OldRigger said...... Money does NOT buy class.

SPECTRABRENT
    Or owning a Schiada
    Brent

superdave013
    Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT
    Or owning a Schiada
    Brent
    now now, don't be a hater Brent
    Sorry but you had to know I couldn't pass that one up.
    Anyway it seems to me that these days the times have changed out at the river. I see a lot more assholes driving big $$$$ boats then I do driving 3,500 jets and the like.
    But just like any crowd, these's an asshole or two in every crowd.
    Good thing they didn't pull that shit on my wife. She would have decked the ****ers before I got the chance to.

SPECTRABRENT
    Dave,
    I was waiting for you to respond.
    I actually like Schiadas, just not as much as Spectras.
    Brent

Jordy
    Schiadas are bad ass as long as they're disco green.

HotHallet
    Now that I read it myself my post didn't really make sense but I guess I am living in a dream world that all Schiada owners would be as cool as the numerous ones I have met up to this point. These guys were classless and deserved a beating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast