Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire! Fire! Fire!

Kindsvater Flat
    I just talked to Billy B and he is being evacuated as we speak. The fires are very close to his home and he is moving his valubables. So far its 12,000+ acres with 17% containment which don't mean shit.
    For those that want to check out whats happpening at the fires go check out this website.
    Current Fire Stats (http://www.nifc.gov/fireinfo/nfn.html)

dmontzsta
    That sucks, I wish Billy the best. The damn ashes are covering my house, car and driveway. They just put out the Moreno Valley fire that was a few blocks from my house a day or so ago. I HATE fire season.

Kindsvater Flat

Someone ought to string up the son of a bitch that started that fire.

BILLY.B
    Originally posted by 058
    Someone ought to string up the son of a bitch that started that fire. I 2nd that !!!! My Wife and I had packed some of our important things and had them ready to go. I moved the boat to a friends house and then continued to wet down trees and patio covers. The wind all of sudden came up and moved the fire west, away from us. The firemen were lighting back fires with flare guns in attempt to have the fire move away from some homes just as the winds came up. When I was coming back from dropping the boat off the house they were trying to protect was completly engulfed in flames. Randy Davis who won the Catalina Sky race, and won the world championship ski races, also has a home that was in the path of the fire but they wouldn't let me up there to check things out. He was at his daughters wedding and was not home. I hope there house made it. The fire is now in La Verne and has burned 30 homes in the L.A. county as we speak. Who knows how many homes were lost by me. The wind is HAULIN ASS right now and it looks like it's about to rain because of the ash that is in the air due to the wind. It's black out... My heart goes out to those who have lost there home. I can tell you it was pretty scary yesterday watching those wall of flames, especially how unpredictable they were with the wind.

WILDERTHANU
    BILLY IM GLAD TO HEAR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE OK. I HAVE REALLY BEEN WONDERING ABOUT RANDY'S HOUSE AND HORSE STABLES????? I'VE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT EVACUATING FRIENDS......NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY TURN......BAD STUFF. I'M ABSOLUTLEY EXHAUSTED!!!

pgf127rt
    Billy, and all that are in the path of those fires, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families, here in Texas, we are forunate to only have isolated fires, usually in the desolate ranch lands, and having followed those fires in California, I will take the tornadoes every year in comparison to the fires.
    Hope everything works out for y'all.

dmontzsta
    Originally posted by BILLY.B
    I 2nd that !!!! My Wife and I had packed some of our important things and had them ready to go. I moved the boat to a friends house and then continued to wet down trees and patio covers. The wind all of sudden came up and moved the fire west, away from us. The firemen were lighting back fires with flare guns in attempt to have the fire move away from some homes just as the winds came up. When I was coming back from dropping the boat off the house they were trying to protect was completly engulfed in flames. Randy Davis who won the Catalina Sky race, and won the world championship ski races, also has a home that was in the path of the fire but they wouldn't let me up there to check things out. He was at his daughters wedding and was not home. I hope there house made it. The fire is now in La Verne and has burned 30 homes in the L.A. county as we speak. Who knows how many homes were lost by me. The wind is HAULIN ASS right now and it looks like it's about to rain because of the ash that is in the air due to the wind. It's black out... My heart goes out to those who have lost there home. I can tell you it was pretty scary yesterday watching those wall of flames, especially how unpredictable they were with the wind.
    Billy, I am sure glad your house was not hit. It sucks that you had to move all of your stuff out though.

Sangster
    Billy.... good to hear your out of harms way.....Had to laugh at this one though, but it's probally typical of all of us.......
    I 2nd that !!!! My Wife and I had packed some of our important things and had them ready to go. I moved the boat to a friends house and then continued to .......
    I' try calling you today at the shop if your gonna be there...

CircleJerk
    Billy, my brother used to live near you and he said the only smart resident had a pool with a large gas powered pump and hose! How about a HEMI powered pump, I hear they make good air and water pumps!
    Glad the boats OK too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast