Thread: Hot Boat on Discovery in 2005??

Keithb87
    I thought I saw something on one of the threads about a Hot Boat show on Discovery Channel in 2005.
    Just wondering if this was true or if I got sucked into one of the crazy jokes here.

Mandelon
    That was me joking around about RD's video.

Keithb87
    It was a good video. Maybe somebody should contact Discovery.

Mandelon
    I am on it!

CAHotRodBoy
    I went to Catalina yesterday (see Offshore Sport Boats-Last Post Update) with a guy that owns a production company. He is working on a performance boat show for Discovery like American Chopper/Monster Garage stuff. Hopefully it will get aired. If not, we will have some killer off shore boat videos!

Kim Hanson
    Originally posted by CAHotRodBoy
    I went to Catalina yesterday (see Offshore Sport Boats-Last Post Update) with a guy that owns a production company. He is working on a performance boat show for Discovery like American Chopper/Monster Garage stuff. Hopefully it will get aired. If not, we will have some killer off shore boat videos!
    I will pm you.........( . )( . ).........

roln 20s
    I thought I saw something on one of the threads about a Hot Boat show on Discovery Channel in 2005.
    I've heard rumors that some SoCal custom boat company (with an owner that has previous Discovery Channel experience) is part of a reality show to begin in 2004--kinda like American Chopper, but maybe called something like American Hot Boat.
    I can't wait until this reality is on TV. Any updates on this rumor?
    Roln 20s

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by roln 20s
    I've heard rumors that some SoCal custom boat company (with an owner that has previous Discovery Channel experience) is part of a reality show to begin in 2004--kinda like American Chopper, but maybe called something like American Hot Boat.
    I can't wait until this reality is on TV. Any updates on this rumor?
    Roln 20s
    The trick is gonna be in getting the kind of personality and banter that they have on American Chopper... You just can't fake that kind of goofy stuff. I love that show...maybe American Hot Boat has some possibilities....

Keithb87
    I might catch hell for this. But here goes.
    Maybe we could get Hoss to play Pa Tuttle and Kim Hanson to play Tuttle Jr.
    They seem to have a natural thing going on there.

eliminatedsprinter
    I'm not sure we will want that much attention. Did you notice the price increase in the cost of Jessie James Bike's between M. Mania I and M. Mania II, it was almost double. I'd hate to see a fad jack up the prices and jamm up the lakes with a bunch of rubes.