Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Kobe Unravelling? Kobe - Shaq Feuding

MagicMtnDan
    Kobe-Shaq war of words gets nasty
    NBCSports.com news services
    As if the Lakers don't have enough problems to deal with, a new feud is developing between stars Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant.
    THE TWO HAVE HAD a relationship that has often been quietly unfriendly, but now they have jumped into an open war of words, according to various media reports.
    According to the reports, O'Neal and Bryant interacted comfortably on the practice floor on Sunday. But afterwards, they traded nasty comments through reporters.
    The feud stems from a comment O'Neal made on Friday, when he suggested that Bryant concentrate on passing until he regains his full health.
    "He's going to have to take his time," O'Neal said, according to the Los Angeles Times. "If he is going to be on the court, he has to make sure everybody else is involved and not really try to do too much until he's ready. But we're going to be fine.
    "I think he has a lot of help out there. When he has a lot of help he should use them. While he's playing like he's playing, he should probably look to be more of a passer until he gets his legs strong. When he gets his legs strong, he can do what he does."
    Bryant, who is recovering from knee and shoulder surgeries during the offseason, responded by saying: "I definitely don't need advice on how to play my game."
    Bryant was asked what if the advice came from O'Neal?
    "Definitely not," Bryant continued. "I know how to play my guard spot. He can worry about the low post, and I'll worry about the [perimeter]."
    The back-and-forth continued when O'Neal was told of Bryant's reaction.
    "As we start this new season, we want [expletive] done right," O'Neal said. "If you don't like it, then you can opt out next year. As long as it's my team, then I'll voice my opinion. If you don't like it, then opt out."
    O'Neal was referring to Bryant's stated plan to test the free-agent market next summer.
    Asked to clarify his "my team" remark, O'Neal told ESPN: "Everybody knows that. You [media] guys may give it to [Bryant] like you've given him everything else his whole lifetime, but this is the Diesel's ship. So ... if you ain't right [physically], don't be trying to go out there and get right on our expense. Use the people out there, then when you get right you [can] do what you do."
    "Just ask Karl Malone and Gary Payton why they came here," O'Neal said. "One person, not two. One. Period. ... I'm not telling [Bryant] how to play his position. I'm telling him how to play team ball."
    Bryant, for his part, told reporters that he does not plan to change the way he plays. But O'Neal is not the only player to suggest that Bryant come back slowly.
    "He's kind of frustrated because he can't do the things he's done before, because of his knee," Payton told the L.A. Times. "He's got to let it come gradually. I've tried to tell him not to try to do too much."

NoCal NoBoat
    I had heard that O'Neal, Payton, and Malone had quickly become a close-knit trio.
    Kobe's court problems - Superior and public opinion, may have spilled over on to the one at the Staples Center.

Ziggy
    Does anyone really care? Multi-millionaires and they squabble like schoolkids---they all need to grow up IMO.

MagicMtnDan
    Kobe's world may be collapsing. Let's face it, his only refuge is on the court playing basketball. And now that there are two new intelligent veterans on the team (Malone and Payton), Kobe's not going to get away with the selfish play he's exhibited in the past.
    Those two guys did not take HUGE pay cuts to watch Kobe dribble down the court and force up the J. They're not going to let his self-pity walk onto the court and screw up their seasons.

jbtrailerjim
    Shaq just need's to keep his effen mouth shut. I don't remember Kobe bashing him when his lazy ass waited till the last minute to get surgery before the start of last season. He came into the season late, fat, and out of shape. He is one of the biggest reasons the Lakers did not repeat last season. Like the Lakers don't already have enough problems with the Kobe fiasco. Shaq has to open his mouth and start a feud between him and Kobe. Just shut the f**k up and play Shaq.

hd&boatrider
    F em'

OGShocker
    Who are the Lakers and why should I care?

Duke
    kobe needs to relize that he's not the hot ticket anymore, maybe when he heals up, but not right now
    and like hd&boatrider said "F 'em"

Kilrtoy
    Is Kobe Unravelling? Kobe
    Thats all I read?
    Who cares about that little bitch or the rest of those clowns......

Dr. Eagle
    I say let the two fight....
    Oh and...
    GO KINGS!!!!! GO KINGS!!!!! GO KINGS!!!!!
    http://media.nba.com/media/kings/kin...ad-feeling.jpg
    Did I say GO KINGS!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast