Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Info ????

BILLY.B
    On my trip to Camp Far West last Fathers day I saw a wood deck flatty sitting along the 99 fwy under an old gas station. I want to say that it was before Fresno along the south bound lanes. Has anybody else seen this, or does anyone know what it is?. I know it was for sale and I have a guy looking for one. Any info would be appreciated.

Kindsvater Flat
    Can't help you chiefy guy but I will post it over at AzDon's site. He had quite a few fresno guys on there.

Kindsvater Flat
    There was a red one in lemoore on hwy 41. It was in a car sales lot which used to be a gas station. Only miles from my military base. Sold for 2500. Friend said it was an old sanger (60's) with a small block chevy. Running condition minus battery. Needed cosmetic lovin, but looked nice from a distance.
    Frank
    Hanford,Ca
    Is that it Billy?

BILLY.B
    The one I saw was along the 99 fwy. I believe it was injected (Crower style)..

smalls
    Originally posted by BILLY.B
    The one I saw was along the 99 fwy. I believe it was injected (Crower style)..
    Eiter Injected Or Zoomies,,, I know exactly the boat your talkin about. Has some old cars for sale also? Can't remember the town or the name of the place? Maybe T-bag ,TR4 or some one that goes down to Bakersfield can recall,,,,,,,,,,,,

BILLY.B
    Originally posted by smalls
    Eiter Injected Or Zoomies,,, I know exactly the boat your talkin about. Has some old cars for sale also? Can't remember the town or the name of the place? Maybe T-bag ,TR4 or some one that goes down to Bakersfield can recall,,,,,,,,,,,, Thats the boat Mr. SHOCKER. It's like a used car lot under an old gas station. By the time I saw the boat I was past the exit to get off. There's no way T-BAG's going to remember, now TR4 there's a chance

BOAT ANCHOR
    Ya Billy, I know the boat your asking about. Stopped and checked the boat out on the way home from the Chowchilla race in July 2003. The boat is on a consignment sales lot about a mile south of the Sanger Boat factory on highway 99 surrounded by RV sales lots (west side or highway 99). Yes, the boat appeared to be injected to me also from the highway, but when I stopped and checked it out there were six Stromberg 97's on a split log type manifold (U Fab?) with tubes attached to the tops of the carbs to give the appearance of injection. The motor was an old cad or olds. The boat had an old Halibrand parallel shaft "V DRIVE" , wood deck, center deck, fixed cavation plate with aircraft surplus turnbuckles, cable and pulley steering, in need of a TOTAL RESTORATION. The hull is all wood with a fiberglass covering. The sales people there claimed it is a 1962 Sanger but have no paperwork or anything else to prove it (I think it's convenient to say it's a Sanger because the boat is just down the road from the Sanger factory). I have seen a 1962 Sanger for the last 4 years up at the Lake Tahoe Wooden Boat Show, and the shape of the boat off highway 99 looks nothing like the shape of the 1962 Sanger at the Tahoe Boat Show (the boat off highway 99 is much thicker {dimensionally} from the bottom of the boat to the top of the gunwales than the Sanger in the Tahoe show). Maybe a Buck Smith or a Belmont - just a guess. Interior is white vinyl with red metalflake vinyl inserts where the cushion part of the seat would be (kind of like the old Schwinn Stingray metalflake seat covers) DEFIANTLY OLD SCHOOL!!!.Best part about the boat was the name on the transom "PANTY RAIDER".They were asking $4900.00 at the time I was there. My partner made an offer on it of $3500.00 which they were going to present to the owner and he never heard back from them. The boat has since moved a little further north up highway 99 towards the Sanger Boat factory. I am going to Clovis Tuesday. I could stop by and check on the boat if you want.

Sangerboy
    BOAT ANCHOR, sounds like it could be a Belmont, I've seen similar induction setup's on Lincon powered Belmonts. Smitty liked those big old torque monsters.
    If it has thru transom exhaust, Belmonts of that era had exhaust outlets that were shaped like an upside down teardrop. Sometimes it can help in IDing the hull.

BOAT ANCHOR
    Sangerboy: If I remember correctly the boat had through transom exhaust but the through transom exhaust fittings were round and not an inverted teardrop shape, but it's been awhile, I may be mistaken. The one thing I do remember about the boat was that the engine was installed so that the vdrive was driven off the flywheel (let's call this the rear) end of the engine. The oil filter was located at the drivers side rear end of the engine, and was not parallel to the engine block. The oil filter mounted on a slight angle towards the oil pan and was a canister type of oil filter. I thought the engine was a Cadillac or an Oldsmobile, but it's only a guess - it could be a Lincoln, I don't know, I'm not a ford person.

T-Bag
    Originally posted by BILLY.B
    Thats the boat Mr. SHOCKER. It's like a used car lot under an old gas station. By the time I saw the boat I was past the exit to get off. There's no way T-BAG's going to remember, now TR4 there's a chance
    Come on now,what are you saying billy????????? and to add all the trips I make to bakersfield I have NEVER noticed this boat wonder why????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast