Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Up With Personals?

CAHotRodBoy
    Has anybody had any luck with on line personals?
    I've tried Match.com and Yahoo personals and have struck out in both. I must have sent out over 100 e-mails and got zero responses. Am I that much of a loser (donÂ’t answer that!)?
    I canÂ’t believe that no one would at least respond in some way.
    Why do these women place ads if they donÂ’t want to respond? I canÂ’t believe they would waist their $40 to $50 a month. And itÂ’s not like I am e-mailing just hotties. Most are average looking, not ugly, but not smoking either. Is it that they are all just looking for Brad PittÂ’s? Sometimes I think the services make up fake ads with photos just to get guys to sign up.
    Maybe some of you ladies could help out here. Have you or any of your friends placed ads and what are they looking for? I actually thought about writing an article for Playboy or Maxum about the subject, “Online Personals: What Woman Are Really Looking For”. Instead of looking for dates, I will send e-mails inquiring as to what they want, then compile it all and let the guys know.
    What do you all think?
    (Maybe I should move next door to Mandelon!)

MRS FLYIN VEE
    in order to help i must see your add your picture and all that good stuff. reaaly i can try but what is the info you are giving on these things?

hislittleho
    Hi Hotrod, I think that the personals are ok I have done that in the past It did not work for me either. I know several people that it did work for. It's all on you, you know "when your ready".
    I thought i'd never find someone. Well guess where I met him..In a bar of all places. We met and married 8 mos. later and now getting ready to celebate 5 yrs married! It will happen when you least excpect it. It will happen.

hislittleho
    By the way Hotrod the "I'd hit it " logo is not a great way to
    meet wonderful women.

GlastronGuy
    Post your pic.

Tom Brown
    Hang in there, HotRodBoy.
    I met the love of my life online. We've been together for fifteen years and have three wonderful children together.
    Hang in there, it can happen for you too.

leibniz
    Tom, I hope you all enjoyed the anniversary present I sent to you last month...

diggler
    I've seen some strange answers on those places. I ended up taking my post down. I had replies from big, beautiful, black women, former lesbians, women in their fifties (I'm only 33 for god's sake!), homosexuals, former lesbians, you name it - I've heard from it.
    I find it best to just sit tight and quit looking. If you're looking for someone to just "service" you, go to a bar and "bottom-feed" from the skanks and ho's!

CAHotRodBoy
    Okay, here is my photo and new text. The old text was the usual "I am a Successful hard working professional who enjoys boating, Harleys and hot rods. I like outdoor activities and good movies, blah, blah, blah. Maybe thatÂ’s the problem. I tried to make the new one different and light hearted. Here it is:
    My dogs tell me I need a friend to help walk them. They say I don’t pay enough attention to them and I have to buy them more bones to make up for it. I think they have enough bones already but I told them I would look for a friend anyway. I really enjoy outdoor activities, especially being on the water (boating), motorcycling and hot rods, hiking, bicycling (mountain & road), and enjoying beautiful So Cal. As a transplant from New England, I especially like the warm weather and being a tourist even though I’ve been here for 15 years. I am a “gearhead” and do like to spend time working on my toys and my house so you would have to put up with that! I try not to go overboard with it though and try to get out as often as I can. It is just more fun when you can share with someone. I am looking for someone that is adventurous and spontaneous, young at heart, loves the water and motorcycles, and of course, dogs. I think life is too short to get to upset over little things so if you like to have fun and have some spirit we could enjoy some good times
    http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/f8a83608/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/pers1664145255.jpg?

CAHotRodBoy
    Originally posted by diggler
    I've seen some strange answers on those places. I ended up taking my post down. I had replies from big, beautiful, black women, former lesbians, women in their fifties (I'm only 33 for god's sake!), homosexuals, former lesbians, you name it - I've heard from it.
    I find it best to just sit tight and quit looking. If you're looking for someone to just "service" you, go to a bar and "bottom-feed" from the skanks and ho's!
    Hey, at least you got replies!
    I have had the "servicing" thing going but would like to have a bit more steady thing going. The servicing types haven't been "keepers". More like loaners.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast