Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chroming Aluminum

burbanite
    Need a contact for chroming aluminum wheels.
    Probably a minimum of five sets for our show car program. There seems to be some reluctance from our chromers here to attempt this, we have one set already but can't for the life of me remember who did them...

HOSS
    Why not just have them polished then cleared?

Keithb87
    Why would you want to chrome Aluminum?
    I'm still trying to get it off my Berkeley. It looks like Crap.
    I'd go polished and clear.

rrrr
    Ahhhhh, the pleasures of the rich. Hell burb, we only have five sets to race with LMAO.
    Try Tyce Carlson. He prolly has a contact since they are building those bling bling specials.

burbanite
    Show cars often sit for months in one spot, having polished wheels increases the need for upkeep exponentially, I know, our race wheels are polished.
    We have done the clear anodize, the clear lacquer etc, etc ad infinitum. None of it is as successful as the chrome set we have.
    Thanks Ron, I'll give Tyce a call. I thought there was someone in Santa Ana that did it but I can't find them.

OGShocker
    You might want to try these folks. They are the best! They are doing all of the aluminum on our 59 cadillac and when done you will not be able to tell it from chrome.
    Central Plating..... (http://www.centralplating.net/)

HOSS
    Maintenance is the same on either described app. Polished with clear or chrome. The shines are totally different. The chrome is mirror while the aluminum is mirrored with a glow. I like the polished finish personnally.

Cam at Classic Wheel Works has aluminum wheels chromed all day long. Call him @ (626) 815-1577. Tell him Travis sent you. They also repair wheels as well.

HOSS
    there`s no difference if the aluminum is clearcoated. There is a special clear for rims. It withstands heat without turning brown. Without it the wheelsa would be high maintenance.

rrrr
    Originally posted by burbanite
    Show cars often sit for months in one spot, having polished wheels increases the need for upkeep exponentially, I know, our race wheels are polished.
    I think you could build a replacement Great Pyramid with the man hours spent on polishing Indycar wheels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast