Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Quit !!!

NorCal Gameshow
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    I wonder if there's a way to check out ones own lungs (without actually cutting them out) to see how far in the progression a smoker is.. ???
    RD
    how about a boroscope??
    http://www.uxr.com/images/ff4cap.gif

clownpuncher
    Right on 87. Keep it up.
    I wonder if there's a way to check out ones own lungs (without actually cutting them out) to see how far in the progression a smoker is.. ???
    RD
    Yes there is RD. Get a hi-resolution ct scan of your chest. It'll show you what's up with your bags. It takes just a few minutes, and you can veiw the scan right away with a radiologist. I have a good radiologist friend that owns an Imaging place here in the desert. I can ask him for prices if you're interested.
    Quiting is tough

Stupid Fast
    Good For you. I have tried And tried. Good luck and I hope it sticks. The longest I have gone is six months. I still kick myself for restarting.
    EMC

MRS FLYIN VEE
    i praise you for your quitting. i wish i had the will power to do so myself.
    Topgun i would love the name of the book you mentioned. my kids bug me everyday about smoking. so i would like to do it not just for myself but for my 2 little ones.

bigq
    I agree you need to want to quit, get scared or something. I chewed for about 15 years, woke up one day and threw it out and thats it. It was by no means easy and had help from the fake snuff. I also don't think that the niccotine is the major problem. I think it is the physical acts that are much harder to break not the chemical dependency.
    Good Luck, it should be all downhill from now on.

missboatnam1
    when your done your done!!!!! just do it !!!
    hang in there, you will be able to taste you food now!!!

NorCal Gameshow
    Do you think health insurance would cover that?
    RD
    there's something we can bitch about....
    ins. co.'s aren't big on paying for preventive care...then again,
    they're not big on paying for any care....

clownpuncher
    Do you think health insurance would cover that?
    RD
    You know, I don't know. Depends on your coverage. I'd call your insurance co. If they don't, you might be able to convince your personal Doc to refer you to a radiologist for "x" health problem, then insurance will cover at least a portion. That's not working the system, that's just making it work
    I know a full body scan, head to toe, costs in the neighborhood of 700-1000.

Beautiful Noise
    Keithb87,Great job Man every day will get easier for you and you'll feel so much better in the long run,I quit over 24 year's ago
    Steve

Jordy
    Any tips??
    Don't drink. Everyone I know who trys and quits smoking is fine until they drink and then all the will power disappears.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast