Thread: anyone intrested in 8gal. spun alum. gas tanks?

monkey rage frank
    I have two 8gal. spun alum. gas tanks 3/8 pickups in good shape, I'm changing them because I wanted more fuel. make me an offer hit me be e mail

monkey rage frank
    river dave sorry about the e mail i dont know what up any who the tanks are 4ft x81/2 diameter spun alum tanks the fills are in good shape as well as the pickups which are 3/8 you can also e mail me at monkeyragefrank@yahoo.com
    the tanks came out of the 78 cole featured last week from nova guy with the most awesome wing

Monkey Frank,Is it possible to add a 1/2 picks up to those exising tanks? thats what we did to the tanks on our southwind.
    Im not sure if you will remember ,but i briefly met you the other day at DNE, I was over at Jacks shop when you first pulled in, I talked with you briefly about your boat before i took off,it looks very nice, good luck with it. Im sure ill see you down at the shop again.CS19

monkey rage frank
    cs19 whats up i sort of remember you there were a few guys that day anyway i'm not sure you cant add 1/2 pickups you might have to re weld not to good to with fuel tanks (booommm) i just went ahead and ordered some new bigger stanless tanks from imco not cheap but you get what you pay for. Are you intrested in the tanks? Honestly I have no further use for them Thanks for the compliment I cant wait till dave and i get her tip top

No thanks, im not interested in them. I picked up some imco tanks like you did. As far as welding the old aluminum tanks, it can be done, you just need to either fill them with water when you weld them or just flush them out real well, Jack welded in some new pick ups for us when we were in your situation with our southwind tunnell and they now work really well.Anyway your much better off with the new imco tanks, they are really nice tanks and ready to run.
    Put those tanks on ebay and maybe the banderlog trading post, they should sell,lots of guys are always looking for new tanks,Good luck.

superdave013
    Originally posted by cs19
    Put those tanks on ebay and maybe the banderlog trading post, they should sell,lots of guys are always looking for new tanks,Good luck.
    Put 'em on E Bay so some fool (uh, I mean some guy ) can pay what they sell for new.
    Sometimes ya just gotta love e bay.

lol, i couldnt agree more dave. I have had really good luck with moving old parts on ebay.. Those tanks should sell with no problem, just dont tell UPS whats inside the box when you ship it, i dont think they will be very excited to hear they are shipping gas tanks.
    I really cant believe some of the things people buy on ebay nowadays. I personally wouldnt buy any engine parts on ebay, its just not worth the risk, and i dont trust people in the used parts business, I however parted out an entire used high perf. BBC and sold everything from the crank and pan to the carbs and scoop on ebay, the only thing i couldnt sell was a flywheel and dampner off an externally bal. BBC. People were fighting over used pistons and cams and stuff, i couldnt belive it..LMAO

MoJetBoPar
    I'm interested in those tanks if they haven't been sold already.
    Let me know if they are still available?
    My e-mail is racincraft440@comcast.net