Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HIT a rock need HELP

fearnobeer
    I was in parker and my drive hit a rock and bent and broke a piece of the lower end , I want to were I can go to repeir it whith out replacing it, I hopeing to find a shop not to far to were I live Riveside County ,CA

Havasu Hangin'
    The number one rule of boating:
    1. Don't go to Parker.
    Number 2:
    2. If you must go to Parker, find someone who welds aluminum.
    I've bent mine up pretty bad before- even knocked the skeg off. If it's not too bad, and you take it to a boat shop, most likely they'll just outsource the welding.
    If the skeg is completely off, a boat shop will probably need to pull the lower unit, as the heat from the welding will hurt the seals, so it will need to be torn apart and rebuilt afterward.

riverliver
    He is right, please go to havasu and leave parker to the pro's J/K LOL
    Good luck with geting your out drive repaired.

Havasu Hangin'
    riverliver:
    He is right, please go to havasu and leave parker to the pro's..Yep...riverliver is right. Leave Parker to the trained professionals.
    If you boat on Parker, you fall into two categories:
    1. The Police
    2. Those being chased by the police.
    Of the "professional" boats being chased by the police, they fall into two categories:
    1. Those that have hit rocks
    2. Those that are about to hit rocks.
    This group includes not only outdrives, but jets, and the infamous wakeboard boats...all of which are attempting to turn Paker in to a big "washing machine" (maybe it's an attempt to clean the water downstream from Havasu).
    Good luck with your outdrive repair. Mine cost me $100 from machine shop (welder)...but it was pretty bad.
    [ July 06, 2003, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

SLOWRIDE190
    i did the same thing, but on a ramp first time out. DUUUUhhh! try temecula marine , in temecula. ask for mike he is the owner. he had to split the cases on my volvo sx, take the gears, bearings, seals, etc out, and then welded on a new blank.this was 4 years ago. no probs since then. it was 500 bucks. he does mercs as well, factory authorized for volvo too. his work is top notch. good luck.

Jrocket
    fearnobeer:
    I was in parker and my drive hit a rock and bent and broke a piece of the lower end , I want to were I can go to repeir it whith out replacing it, I hopeing to find a shop not to far to were I live Riveside County ,CA I think it depends on how fast your boat is and how much of the skag is missing.

DaveA
    Havasu Hangin':
    riverliver:
    He is right, please go to havasu and leave parker to the pro's..Yep...riverliver is right. Leave Parker to the trained professionals.
    If you boat on Parker, you fall into two categories:
    1. The Police
    2. Those being chased by the police.
    Of the "professional" boats being chased by the police, they fall into two categories:
    1. Those that have hit rocks
    2. Those that are about to hit rocks.
    This group includes not only outdrives, but jets, and the infamous wakeboard boats...all of which are attempting to turn Paker in to a big "washing machine" (maybe it's an attempt to clean the water downstream from Havasu).
    Good luck with your outdrive repair. Mine cost me $100 from machine shop (welder)...but it was pretty bad. That's the funniest thang I've read in awhile. LMAO!

NEW 2 RIVER
    G&S Marine did the repair on mine and was pretty reasonable.Quick turnaround time and didnt turn it in to a big deal.There in Corona.

TCHB
    The Propeller Shop in Havasu can repair the outdrive. Pretty good people to work with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast