Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digital Camera Help

hd&boatrider
    I have a Cannon G3 5 pixel camera. Everytime I take pics and try to send them people tell me the file is too big. WTF!? For instance I sent a video clip and it took up 5 megs for a 19 second video....I am getting tired of this crap. Anybody know if there is a setting that needs changed or something like that?
    I know, I know....I feel stupid!

Hustler
    Tom, Check your manual, there should be a smaller picture setting, also if you had photo shop you could resize them very easily.

Restless22
    There is a setting in whatever program you use to upload your photos in, that will automatically resize them for every email you send out. I called my manufacturer and they helped me set it up. I forget the name of it, but its something like
    640 x 580 vg????
    Hope that helps!!!

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by Hustler
    Tom, Check your manual, there should be a smaller picture setting, also if you had photo shop you could resize them very easily.
    If I can find the manual I will try it out. Do you think I just have the settings too large Joe?

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by Restless22
    There is a setting in whatever program you use to upload your photos in, that will automatically resize them for every email you send out. I called my manufacturer and they helped me set it up. I forget the name of it, but its something like
    640 x 580 vg????
    Hope that helps!!!
    You talking about calling Cannon direct or the software developer?

Restless22
    What software are you using? Finepix viewer?
    If so, as soon as I get home I will check it and let you know.
    Im home in and hour.

Party Cat
    Originally posted by hd&boatrider
    If I can find the manual I will try it out. Do you think I just have the settings too large Joe?
    When ya find the Manual...Have Nodigg read it to ya ....after he gets ya a beer....

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by Party Cat
    When ya find the Manual...Have Nodigg read it to ya ....after he gets ya a beer....
    He does have better eyes than me and he does get me my beers so that will work.....lol
    I may have found the solution. I am going to try a few things tonight and I hope they work.........

Havasu Hangin'
    To keep the file size down on videos, keep the Video data rate below 500 and the audio data rate below 75. Also, keep the screen size 320 or below.
    Like pictures, the higher the quality, the bigger the file.

SCUBA STEVE
    At least you can send video clips, I havent figured out how to do that yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast