Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans

mmered8299
    The wife and I are thinking of planing a trip to New Orleans in March. Were looking for recomendations on a place to stay at in the Frech Quarter?

RexRathburn
    I just went to New Orleans a few weeks ago...it was a really fun trip. We stayed at the Omni Royale Orleans right down in the French Quarter. Here's a link.
    http://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/default.asp?h_id=17
    Don't miss LaFittes Blacksmith Shop...the oldest bar in the USA...1772.
    Have a good trip,
    Tom

XTRM22
    My wife and I spent a very drunk, long weekend there one spring. I'm sure I'm not up to Mardi Gras level of partying, but any night in the French Quarter is wild. Avoid the shadows, carry your cash in a front pocket, have breakfast at Cafe Dumonde, and hit O'brians for the best damn Hurricanes in the world!
    Chuck

sandblasted
    I'm heading to New Orleans for Mardi Gras this year....Had a hell of a time trying to find a hotel...Everything in the French Quarter was either booked up, or wanted a 4 night minimum stay at $300 per night...Those same hotels go for about $79-$99 per night any other time but Mardi Gras..
    We ended up at the Hampton Inn-Downtown, about 2 blocks from the corner of Canal and Bourbon streets. Had to book it the week before Fat Tuesday..Cost is $119 thursday night, $159 friday and saturday and $129 sunday...much better than $300 per night. Check out these websites for hotel info.....the 1st one lists hotels by neighborhood...french quarter, downtown etc...the next has hotels also but is more mardi gras related..
    http://www.neworleans.com/cgi-bin/or...gory=directory
    http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/welcome.html
    Have fun!

rrrr
    The Hotel St. Louis is just a block off Bourbon. It is a funky old place with a great courtyard. Definitely has way more soul than one of the chain hotels, and not too pricey either.
    We went down to Nawlins last fall, had a totally great time. Here's a couple of pictures I took of my wife while she was enjoying herself.... Oh, wait. That's against the rules.
    http://www.hotelstlouis.com/

TrojanDan
    Looking to visit there Jan 3rd-6th!

Mohavekid
    Stayed at the Omni Royal in the French Quarter during the Jazz festival this May.
    Nice hotel, very continental. The hotel resturant was not so good.
    There's lot's of other places for food within a short walking distance.
    Go get a benget (sp?) and coffee down by the River at 2-3 A.M. to finish off a good party night.
    Have a great time.

MANIC MECHANIC
    Originally posted by XTRM22
    any night in the French Quarter is wild. Avoid the shadows, carry your cash in a front pocket, have breakfast at Cafe Dumonde, and hit O'brians for the best damn Hurricanes in the world!
    Chuck
    Plus: beware of the cemetaries unless you're part of a group.
    Lots of muggings occur there.
    .. Tim

vdrivenman
    u may not like him, but HOSS lives there and steered us to some good places and told us where not to go !

HOSS
    And I charge cheap rent!
    No fags allowed! That oughta eliminate half this ****in` site!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast