Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Useless Poll. Grilling - Charcoal or Propane?

LASERRAY
    With spring on the way, a young man's thoughts turn to baseball,/ and a man's thoughts turn to Bar-B-Que! I'm almost positive that 110% of the people here on the Sandbar love to Grill, or as it's affectionatly known, BAR-B-Que( although it's technically grilling, just trust me on this one). So do you use A Weber Kettle, Smokey Joe, Or a Char-Broil Charcoal grill? Or do you use a Propane Grill? I've used both and prefer Charcoal. Yes it's not as convenient but who cares. It makes the roadkill more palatable

Interceptor454
    charcoal is the ONLY way to go! although not quite as convenient, by far more flav-o-flav!

Rod-64
    Weber with charcoal....................hands down the way to go.

LASERRAY
    I'll only use my propane grill if my charcoal grills have no more room on them, or for quickies, like if I want to cook a couple of hotdogs for lunch and don't want to fire up the charcoal just for that.

Boozer
    I have both and I use both.
    However, I gave my vote to propane. Propane is far more convenient and easier to clean up not to mention I travel with propane. Due to all the Fire bans in the rockies by late July all state parks ban open fires including charcoal grills but permit the use of propane.
    If I'm at home grillin on the patio I use charcoal and mesquite chips. You just can't beat the flavor. Most of my grilling happens when I'm camping so propane is used the most. Not to mention when I grill at home it's usually down at the pool and there's a nice giant sized natural gas grill I use down there. I think I use charcoal 3 maybe 4 times a year tops.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Interceptor454
    charcoal is the ONLY way to go! although not quite as convenient, by far more flav-o-flav!
    I agree with you on the point of Flav-O-Flav...Charcoal is far superior there.
    but because of the issue of hot coals and such I have gone with Propane, used to use charcoal on the beach, but leaving the beach became an issue...
    Propane grilles cool off quickly.

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by AZKC
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._10002-med.jpg
    Charcoal Nice Tip! Is that today's lunch?

AZKC
    Nope, file photo Thinken "yard bird" tonight. And actually prefer mesquite wood over charcoal just to lazy to go scrounge some up. Its all over the desert out here, just have to go pick it up:wink:

Interceptor454
    OK, so I play both sides of the fence here....
    Voted charcoal, but firing up the propane grill for some nice juicy pork chops tonight!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast