Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Bernardino permit problems

wsuwrhr
    Moved from the sandbar forum due to NUMEROUS RD threads.
    Maybe my ***boat pals can help me out on this one.
    I went to the city yesterday to check on getting a permit to build onto my garage in the house we just bought in San Bernardino. We are in the city limits so I have to go through the city, and cannot go through the county, at least that is what I think.
    The city's land use documents say accesories to the house
    (the garage)cannot be larger than 50% of the footprint of the house. Since my house is 1000 sq, that limits me to pretty much the garage I have now, which is unacceptable since I can't even close the door because the tongue sticks out of the garage. It is about 19x20 now, I can got to about 25 deep to be at 50% of the house sq.
    Also in the land use booklet it mentioned that I can have a guest house no larger than 500 sq, I am wondering if I can call the extension of the garage a guest house.
    One option is applying for a variance, which through reading, I am guessing has a good chance of not happening. All it takes is one neighbor to complain about the project, and it is over. Not to mention the variance hearing and processes will cost me a 1000 dollars, which is non-refundable if I am turned down.
    So after the long-winded post, I am wondering if anyone has had similar problems in San Bernardino, or elsewhere, that can give me some ideas on what I can do.
    My lot size is 8000 sq so I am way under the 50% max coverage also.
    Thanks in advance,
    Brian

Slick Knutts
    Cant you see there is a Knutts problem here? Take your whiney ass back to the sandbar and get your landfill problem solved on your own. We are under attack by Knutts.

U C My Knutts
    what the F is up with the post Mr WSWRHR (which to me means "What ever the **** that is supposed to mean")
    The Knutts have busted free and are allover everybody. Runaway Knutts!!

Johnny Blue Knutts
    Listen up kin...."wish you were here" on my Knutts has some krafty CNC skills. Bet he could CNC a Billet Knutt for us to take home to daddy.
    wsuwrhr - sounds like you don't have much choice - expand your house the same amount you want to expand your garage.

smalls
    Originally posted by Johnny Blue Knutts
    Listen up kin...."wish you were here" on my Knutts has some krafty CNC skills. Bet he could CNC a Billet Knutt for us to take home to daddy.
    wsuwrhr - sounds like you don't have much choice - expand your house the same amount you want to expand your garage.
    Speaking of CNC! I need a nother Nitrous bottle handle Brian,,,,,,,

U C My Knutts
    sure ya do smalls

One hung low NUTT
    Go t " build my garage larger" forums and ask the question you nutt less sack.

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by smalls
    Speaking of CNC! I need a nother Nitrous bottle handle Brian,,,,,,,
    No problem Smalls(the shocker), let me know when. I should be back in business by the end of the weekend. I am saving up for a certain runnerbottom.
    Brian

BILLY.B
    Originally posted by wsuwrhr
    No problem Smalls(the shocker), let me know when. I should be back in business by the end of the weekend. I am saving up for a certain runnerbottom.
    Brian Come on there Chief, dig up another coffee can and "LET'S GET IT ON" !!!. By the way how's that blast plate coming????

smalls
    Originally posted by wsuwrhr
    Brian
    Pm me when your back in Buisnassssssssss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast