Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technical Question

Her454
    Ok, dont laugh. I dont know if this can even be done..but I have
    a NOKIA cell phone and I need to know if there is anyway to download a saved voicemessage to the computer somehow as maybe a sound byte?
    Anyone know if its possible?

leibniz
    Originally posted by Her454
    Ok, dont laugh. I dont know if this can even be done..but I have
    a NOKIA cell phone and I need to know if there is anyway to download a saved voicemessage to the computer somehow as maybe a sound byte?
    Anyone know if its possible?
    Depending on the model of the phone. Chances are good that you can. Without any more information about your phone, I would guess that you would need:
    [list=1]
    cable to run from your computer to your phone
    drivers for cable[/list=1]
    Unless you have infraRed or bluetooth, in which case you would still need an IR or BT card in the computer.
    What model phone?

leibniz
    I'm going to change my mind on this one. The aforementioned process should allow you to transfer ring tones, images, phonebook, data, etc. But I think voices messages no. Voice messages don't stay in the phone anyway. I'd say that any voice mail will reside on a computer server somewhere.
    Now, if you talk text (SMS) messages; that's a different story.
    Bill <- overlooking the obvious and setting debug mode=5

Her454
    I think its a 5150 (with my luck ) but Im not sure, have all the paperwork at home. Any way to tell somehow internally with the phone as it doesnt have a model # externally? Its fairly new tho. I dont know sh*t about cell phones except how to run up the bill.

NorCal Gameshow
    your sound card should have a mic plug, if anything you could put the mic up to the earpiece...(use media player )well, it sounds like it should work

leibniz
    Originally posted by Her454
    I think its a 5150 (with my luck ) but Im not sure, have all the paperwork at home. Any way to tell somehow internally with the phone as it doesnt have a model # externally? Its fairly new tho. I dont know sh*t about cell phones except how to run up the bill.
    If you have the phone with you, you could shut it off, take out the battery, and the model number will be there on the inside. Otherwise, you could go to http://www.nokia.com and visually identify your phone and grab the model number that way.
    In any event, I have not ever heard of a phone that actually stores the voice messages; I know my SonyEricsson T68i doesn't do it. It has 1 MB of ram, but it doesn't have the technology. I don't know of any voicemail system that would allow you to do that.
    Now that you mention it, it's a curious idea to be able to do that. There should be a way.

Infomaniac
    Play it back to the microphone of your computer.
    Or if it has an ear phone jack plug it into your computer sound card microphone connection. Get a male male wire at radio shack.

Her454
    Thanks...I'll try these........

78Eliminator
    Originally posted by Infomaniac
    Play it back to the microphone of your computer.
    Or if it has an ear phone jack plug it into your computer sound card microphone connection. Get a male male wire at radio shack.
    Yeah, no shit. This is the easiest way, and those mics actually have decent quality.

leibniz
    ignore my posts on this matter. Info and 78 seem to be right on the money with this one...
    leibniz <- :yuk:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast