Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tinted windows

Never Satisfied
    So I got a tinted window ticket and recived my letter from the court. It said with correction $10 and bail forfeiture $113. Question is, it says a point may be added to your record for bail forfeiture for a moving violation. Is a fix-it ticket a moving Violation? I just soon not take the tint off!

AZKC
    Window tint is almost mandatory here in AZ. Maybe we should start issuing tickets for not having tint :boxed:

ovrkll77
    if you don't get it signed off, and just pay the bail, then most likely it will go as a point

Beer-30
    Ultimately it is up the presiding Judge if it becomes a moving violation (point) or not. Usually would only become one if it was multiple offense. Last I heard, the fines tend to double as non-movers still show on your record, just not as a point (usually). It may be $220 next time, whether signed off or not.

RitcheyRch
    I paid the fine on mine years ago and it didnt show up as a point on my record.

SummerBreeze
    I owned a window tint place in NV. for years. We would get people like you come in from Ca. and I would give them a receipt saying that the tint was removed. The courts want proof like a receipt. You might try it.

USCFAN
    I got one earlier this month on the way to Havasu. The California Highway Patrol officer said they were going to really be focusing on window tint this year. Just to give you Hot Boaters who travel to Havasu on Highway 40 a heads up. Haven't recieved the ticket yet so I am not sure about the whole point and bond thing.

ahhell
    AZ encourages it....
    last time I got written off for tint I had to go to CHP and the officer had me roll the window down 1/2 way and ran her fingernail from the top down making sure there was none....-please

PBOCOP
    No it's not a moving violation, never in California. The only difference with Tint is if the officer marked off correctable. If he did, then it's a $10 fee plus correction. If not, then around $130 and you just move on.

Beer-30
    No it's not a moving violation, never in California. The only difference with Tint is if the officer marked off correctable. If he did, then it's a $10 fee plus correction. If not, then around $130 and you just move on.
    Not necessarily. I have seen multiples marked non-dismissible, that the Judge decided would be dismissible. Judge has the final say, is all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast