Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat height ?

VD CRUISER
    Hope its OK to post this on here. Does anyone know how tall a 25' or 26' Elimnator Daytona and or V bottom is on a trailer? I'm thinking about building a new garage and I would like to know if they will go thru a standard 7' tall garage door.

25Elmn8r
    My 25 Daytona on a Competitive trailer sits at about 6'6". My buddies 260 Eagle sits a tad lower than that.
    I don't know about the 26 DAytona with canopies.

Essex502
    Originally posted by VD CRUISER
    Hope its OK to post this on here. Does anyone know how tall a 25' or 26' Elimnator Daytona and or V bottom is on a trailer? I'm thinking about building a new garage and I would like to know if they will go thru a standard 7' tall garage door.
    If you can, I'd highly recommend installing a 8' door now. You'll the thankful later.

rivercrazy
    I have a 25 Shockwave Tremor on a non-lowered Extreme trailer. It fits in my 7' high garage with about 3-4" to spare. Since the Tremor is a bit taller than the Eliminator, it should fit with no sweat.
    But I still recommend at least an 8 foot door and going longer and wider than you need. You really never know if the bigger boat bug is gonna bite.........

Duck
    Like elimn8er I have a 25 on a Competitive. I have a low engine hatch with a scoop and clear by two inches. Get the 8' door-then the garage roof will be taller and you may be able to stand up inside when working on it. Go for 9-10' ceilings if possible. Duck

BADBLOWN572
    If you are building an new garage and can fit it...GO BIG. I would recommend going with a 10' door that way you can fit something very tall inside. A family friend built a garage with an 8' door and that lasted about 1 year before it was enlarged to fit a 10' door.

Just Tool'n
    I agree, go bigger! Size does matter!
    I have a 28ft Elim on a competitive trailter, it will not even think of getting inside of a 7ft high door.
    Plus I have 14in rims on the trailer.
    Go to a 10ft high door, it just might make resale higher on the house.

VD CRUISER
    Thanks guys, I may be able to go to a 8' door, but building codes may not allow anything more.

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by VD CRUISER
    Thanks guys, I may be able to go to a 8' door, but building codes may not allow anything more.
    They do make 7'6" doors too. This will be adequate in most cases. I have them on my garage and my 4x4 Dodge Ram has about 10" to spare. I could easily lift it and put 35s or 37s on it and still be OK.
    OL

v-drive
    My inlaws bought a place that someone had built a huge(40'x60')work shop. it has two 12' doors to drive the motorhome through and two 8' doors. If I was going to build and at some point I will there is no way I would do anything less than 8' doors. Do it now while it's easy.
    v-drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast