Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Mayor Hahn confused

This struck me as being inappropriate behavior for an elected official and I'm just wondering if I'm the only one seeing it like this? No matter what your opinion of the grocery store strike, for or against, my feeling is that its inappropriate for the mayor of LA to join in and publicly lead and participate in a protest against the stores (join the strikers). I saw him on TV cheerleading a chant at some protest rally with the stricking workers. The same broad group of striking workers that in the next news segment were reported and filmed beating on a Vons truck and reported filling its fuel tank with sand (interpreted as a precursor to violence and highly inappropriate behavior, pro striker or not).
    My opinion is that even if that's his personal choice and aligence as far as which side he sympathises with, his job as mayor for "all the people of LA, which includes both sides of this disagreement" should come first and he should not be publically participating in either side's pep rallys. By doing this he alienates himself from the opposite side of the disagreement which in my opinion is a real bad move being the leader of the city. I realize that Mr Hahn doesn't play a role in the negotiations and the strike is much wider than the city of LA but it is a highly symbolic gesture none the less.

JetBoatRich
    He should stay neutral in the whole negoaiation. I am tired of the strike and the press about it. This kind of activity may not help the issues.

Moneypitt
    Is it election time in the big city again??? Any old photo op will do, and from a politicians stand point, any exposure is better than none. But yes, I agree with you, participation, on either side, by the mayor of LA is wrong.......Moneypitt

Kilrtoy
    I Agree

GlastronGuy
    Sounds like he wants Union money/support for his next campaign.
    It worked for Gray Davis. Well, untill he blew it for himself.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    I Agree
    Totally inappropriate. In either direction by the way...:yuk:
    BTW isn't it Hahn?

mike37
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    Totally inappropriate. In either direction by the way...:yuk:
    BTW isn't it Hahn? agree inappropriate

haulina29
    Yes Mr G , I would agree 100 percent !!!

LOWRIVER2
    I agree with you Rex, and, since he's my boss, ultimately, let me toss my 5 cents:
    I can't wait to see his statement on the MTA strike as he's on the board and will be in political hot water if he goes against the county supervisors in supporting the MTA union.
    Remember, he's a past president of the ACLU, with knowing that, anything he does is gonna be ridiculous, period.
    Only thing I can say, I have some inside knowledge on the guy, won't say here how. Job related so it's classified.
    The guy lives in a house that is more plain and smaller than 95% of what the members of this board live in, rest assured. The guy is a Jerry Brown type and is definately no frills in his way of living. You would not believe the car he drives.
    That does'nt make what he did right, all I'm saying, is he's no hyprocrite in backing the little guys, (I don't agree as for the position he serves), but he does "practice what he preaches".
    Bleeding heart?, try gushing river/LOL

mbrown2
    That's wrong...
    They should fill him with sugar and kick him in the junk!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast