I have a 2000 21 ft. Regal with a 5 litre EFI (Gi 250 PSHP) on a Volvo SX drive. Original prop was an aluminum 14 1/4 X 23 which topped out at 65-67 mph. but was doggy out of the hole and definitely over proped for skiing.
I bought a Torque-Shift from Land and Sea which starts at a 13 pitch and can go up to 32. It has a Z cam and a 155-132 hub. I spent some time tuning the prop as per instructions and was extremely impressed with the performance, same or better top end and true ski boat jump out of the hole. My only problem was that the prop would often stick at high pitch. This is supposed to be normal until it is broken in so I put up with it for several weekends and it improved slightly. I changed from 30 lb. shift control springs 45 lb ones to maintain slightly higher rpm during climb out which it did but the sticking persisted. I disassembled the prop and cleaned the bushings, double checked for binding on the synchronizer ring and limit screws several times, all to no avail. I called Land and Sea when the prop had about 70 hours on it and the only thing that they could suggest was to replace the blade shank bushings which I did. It didn't fix the problem. Does anyone have an experience with these props and can you give me any advice? When it works it is awesome. I don't mind disassembling and cleaning it a few times a summer but that doesn't correct the sticking.
The prop is mint and hasn't hit anything. A moderate bang on the synchronizer ring with a block of wood will snap it back into low. Can you hook me up with people who use these props? Any help greatly appreciated. By the way I love the Regal...the stepped hull really works and this prop would really put the finishing touch on all around performance.