Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back Trouble

MsDrmr
    Question,,,anyone out there suffer from severe back pain to the point where you can't breath and you can feel that your back is out. If you do please tell me what you do to relieve the pain.

Dr. Eagle
    Yes and a four letter answer... TENS. Stands for Transcutaneous Electronic Neural Stimulator.
    Buy one for about $100 get some pads and zap away. No drugs and fast pain relief. I have had one since 1990 when I had a herneated disc. I use it from time to time when my back gives me grief.
    Here is one source, just do a search online and you can find one you will like.
    http://www.qualitymedicalsupplies.co...&QTK=TENS_UNIT

AZKC
    Normally I pop abunch of pain killers, use a flat frozen towel in a garbage bag and lay on it till I cant stand it. Try and do some stretching. And of course drink alot.
    KC

Keithb87
    Soak it in cider.
    Just joking.
    Go to the Chiro, or have the Misses walk on it.

Dr. Eagle
    Actually the TENS saved my last Havasu trip, as I threw out my back getting the boat and the rest of the toys ready for the trip. One day of using it and I was fine. It will unwind your muscles and releases endorphins that mask or shield the pain. Oh yeah, and some ice will go a long way to helping out. Avoid the heating pad unless you use it for about 20 minutes following an icing. Used for longer periods it will increase the inflamation at the point of injury.

Kilrtoy
    The mrs has two Messed up disc. She was on demoral and it soon wasnt working wither. She deals with it now.....

Keithb87
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    I don't suppose going to the Dr. or Chiropracter ever crossed anyones mind?
    River"What's with the home remedies?"Dave
    DUH!
    Originally posted by Keithb87
    Soak it in cider.
    Just joking.
    Go to the Chiro, or have the Misses walk on it.

Essex502
    Is that the same device my Chiropractor hooks me up to when my back muscles are aching?

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    I don't suppose going to the Dr. or Chiropracter ever crossed anyones mind?
    River"What's with the home remedies?"Dave
    The Chiro was where I got the TENS. I don't go to the Chiro any more and if I have a prob. the unit takes care of it

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Essex502
    Is that the same device my Chiropractor hooks me up to when my back muscles are aching?
    Kind of like a dumbed down version of it. They do sell the EMS units (electronic muscle stimulation) too, but the tens is designed to relieve pain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast