Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for new Insurance carrier...

BarryMac
    I know that this subject has been brought up quite a few times but it seems that it changes quite often, I am going to shop around for new Boat Insurance this year, it seems that my current carrier may be charging me more then necessary. Anyone have any recomendations?
    Cole Trickle, please check your PM's.
    Thanks,
    gjb

SHIFTY
    I DON't KNOW WHAT KIND OF BOAT YOU HAVE, BUT IF IT's A LOW FREEBOARD JET OR V-DRIVE, GOOD LUCK. IF YOU FIND SOMEBODY TO CARRY THE POLICY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHO IT IS. IT's PRETTY DISCOURAGING TO READ IN ***boat THAT IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THOSE TYPES OF BOATS AND DON't HAVE A POLICY ALREADY, YOU're F*CKED. THEY PRETTY MUCH GLOSSED OVER THE ISSUE ENTIRELY, AND MOVED ON TO THE BIGGER BOATS...

Mrs. casean
    Progressive is who we had for the last boat and no one could beat them this time around either.. give em a try Barry! Good luck!

BarryMac
    My boat is a Carrera 202XR, no over the thransom headers and it isn't freeboard challenged, well not compared to some others it isn't...
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6456boat.jpg

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I DON't KNOW WHAT KIND OF BOAT YOU HAVE, BUT IF IT's A LOW FREEBOARD JET OR V-DRIVE, GOOD LUCK. IF YOU FIND SOMEBODY TO CARRY THE POLICY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHO IT IS. IT's PRETTY DISCOURAGING TO READ IN ***boat THAT IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THOSE TYPES OF BOATS AND DON't HAVE A POLICY ALREADY, YOU're F*CKED. THEY PRETTY MUCH GLOSSED OVER THE ISSUE ENTIRELY, AND MOVED ON TO THE BIGGER BOATS...
    Try getting insurance on a 22' tunnel with 800hp. State Farm said yeah no problem before we bought the boat and then cancelled us a month or two later. We are totally screwed. We just found out the insurance company we did find is not legit in California. :argue: I have actually spent a good part of the day trying to find someone to cover our boat. :cry: No luck at all.
    GJB, you should be able to get insurance thru most anyone on your boat for pretty cheap. We only paid about $500/year for our 21' Aftershock.

jbtrailerjim
    I have Allstate and pay around $700 for my boat.

Boat Loan Guy
    Try this company 951-280-9999
    They write through Progressive and a few other companys, I have my boat with them. It runs around 460 a year

SHIFTY
    Try getting insurance on a 22' tunnel with 800hp. State Farm said yeah no problem before we bought the boat and then cancelled us a month or two later. We are totally screwed. We just found out the insurance company we did find is not legit in California. :argue: I have actually spent a good part of the day trying to find someone to cover our boat. :cry: No luck at all.
    GJB, you should be able to get insurance thru most anyone on your boat for pretty cheap. We only paid about $500/year for our 21' Aftershock.
    I HEAR YA. I'm HAVE AN 18 FOOT JET WITH 850 HORSE.

SHIFTY
    NO SHIT? WHAT's THE NUMBER?

BarryMac
    Try this company 951-280-9999
    They write through Progressive and a few other companys, I have my boat with them. It runs around 460 a year
    What size boat are you running???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast