Thread: Quad rotor special pricing

Whipple Charged
    We were going to start running a special on our 2.3L quad rotors, here's what ya get. This is not available through dealers, only factory direct:
    2300R (carb model) quad rotor polished
    4500 Carb adapters polished
    triple vbelt pulley system with serpentine for SC
    front pulley system and supports
    Std deck or tall deck intake natural
    cuprnickel cooler with fittings
    manifold hardware
    $6600 plus tax (in ca) and shipping.
    $495 quad flame arrestor
    Things needed are linkage, water and fuel systems.
    No need to search for better pricing, this will be the lowest and will only be available for 2 weeks. No dealers, factory direct.
    Thanks,
    Dustin
    dustin@whipplesuperchargers.com

Sounds like a great deal.
    But from a dealers perspective it sucks. (I am not one btw). But if I had a bunch of money invested in Whipple inventory and promoting Whipple products I guarantee you I'd be more than a little pissed. I've had cases like this in the past where we've actually dropped product lines over manufacturers undercutting our efforts and cutting us out of the loop just to make a quick buck and move product. A couple large ones too.
    Sorry if I've missed something in your offer Dustin. If so you have my apology. I just have little tolerance for manufacturers who go out and cultivate a dealer network, even if its a small dealer network, ask them to support the product with inventory dollars and sales effort and then pull the rug out by selling around them direct at a cheaper price. Its grossly unfair to the dealer whos committed money and effort to the products.

Charley
    just for the record, I can certainly understand both sides here....Dustin is trying to clear out some old stock and Mike has a great and very valid point. In defense of Dustin when I bought my quad rotor "direct" it was still a sideways deal that went through a "new" dealer at the time:Bob Teague. Dustin was very supportive of all existing dealers and suggested that I use one of his dealers including Bob Teague for all the "work" to put it together. Bottom Line in my deal is that I would have had ab 8 or 10-71 if I had left it up to Bob Teague, but with a little help from Dustin I ended up with a quad rotor. Sometimes the bro part of the deal is the part that makes the deal come together... In Mike's defense I hope Dusting is selling a very "limited" number of these units direct.

Whipple Charged
    This is a quad rotor, not one dealer stocks these or virtually any other product of ours, especially in carb models. I take care of all my dealers. Most are opting for our 3.3L quad rotor and therefore I'm trying to move the 2.3L as well as compete with the roots price. This does not suck for dealers. This gets the few, similar to Charlie's that would normally install a standard roots with a superchiller into our product, ones that would not if they bought from a dealer. I can understand your "concern" if this was just a run of the mill product, but this is a high cost, unique product.

burtandnancy
    Rexone, see Dustins response to my comments below under "Blower Motors"...

Not meant to ruffle feathers Dustin. Sounds like you have little support from dealers for your product in terms of $ investment if none stock anything so it's probably justfied what you're offering.
    I've just been involved in cases where I've had "substantial" investment and then been hosed by manufacturers so I'm a bit gunshy now I guess when I hear about mfg direct sales not being offered through their dealers or distributors.
    No disrespect or hard feelings to you intended here.

Whipple Charged
    Mike,
    No problem, I understand. Because the quad has always been higher priced and somewhat new in comparison to the standard roots blowers, it's harder to get people to use it. Then we came out with something new and even though theres a bigger price variance, most are opting for the new setup even though it was only intended for bigger power levels. So then I'm somewhat stuck with castings, SC's and corresponding parts for parts that typically don't need replacing.
    Thanks,
    Dustin