Thread: water pressure guage..

I just recently bought autometer carbon fiber guages (RPM, oil press, oil temp, water temp) but still need 1 more guage. I wanted a water pressure guage but autometer didnt make one. I then found that autometer makes a marine guages that look exactly (at least from what i can tell) like the carbon fiber guages. Was wondering if anybody know if they are exactly the same... so far the only think i can tell thats diffrent is that it says marine on the face.
    The next problem is that the guage comes in mechanical only, if i run the tube all the way from the rear to the front for the guage will that work? I'm wondering if i'm going to have a problem with when i pull the boat out of the water that the line to the guage fills up with air and then the guage wont work right. Does anybody know if that will be a problem?

I just recently bought autometer carbon fiber guages (RPM, oil press, oil temp, water temp) but still need 1 more guage. I wanted a water pressure guage but autometer didnt make one. I then found that autometer makes a marine guages that look exactly (at least from what i can tell) like the carbon fiber guages. Was wondering if anybody know if they are exactly the same... so far the only think i can tell thats diffrent is that it says marine on the face.
    The next problem is that the guage comes in mechanical only, if i run the tube all the way from the rear to the front for the guage will that work? I'm wondering if i'm going to have a problem with when i pull the boat out of the water that the line to the guage fills up with air and then the guage wont work right. Does anybody know if that will be a problem?
    The Carbon Fiber Marine will differ from the automotive Carbon Fiber only in that it says "Pro Comp Marine" on the dial where the automotive gauge doesn't.
    Air trapped in the line in a pressure gauge is a normal occurance and doesn't affect the reading.
    Pro Comp Marine Carbon Fiber (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...oCompMarineCF2)
    Typical Carbon Fiber automotive Oil pressure gauge (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...Code=CFMech216)

wsuwrhr
    Auto meter does make a water pressure gauge. Maybe not in carbon fiber, but they do make one.
    I run one in my boat.
    Brian

Thanks rex, now i dont have to run a stupid volt meter on the dash... that can go in the back.